cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoxm84
Expert
Message 61 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

Sounds like the account creation issue has been fixed, but the phantom accounts need to be cleared manually for each person affected.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 124

@pjb42 wrote:

BT Support called me today, saying they had made some changes and would I try again.

I did so, but hit the same error "You have reached the maximum number of secondary accounts".

I've emailed them my screenshots, and wait to see what will happen.

no no no please don't I was getting encouraged.

Was that indian or british call - last one I had indian and was not very easy to understand in Sainsburies bread isle at the time!.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 124

I'm guessing for some they are not fully understanding the issue - not really surprising to me but thats another story.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 124

This is what I have been told by my man in BTCare, he says it was fixed early yesterday morning, the sub account generation error that eventually overflows the sub account list, apparently the advisor I spoke to earlier (see above) was supposed to be telling me my sub account was fixed rather than talking about a BTID. Still I'll gie it a try and see what happens.

The phantoms do have to be removed first. If mine is fixed I'll bring it to my mans attention to see what he thinks we can do for the rest if no one else is covering it. Hopefully those that have reported faults will be fixed anyway ....!

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 65 of 124

If you could raise the possibility of getting the phantom accounts deleted automatically that would be good, thanks.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 124

It was an Indian call, but the person seemed reasonably up to date with the problem and didn't waste my time; just asked for the screen shots.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonh46
Contributor
Message 67 of 124

I logged on to my new sub account.

got an initial message up saying creating your mailbox and then into the normal web mail screen with inbox etc.

seems ok.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 124

Well its not ok with me I've created it but yahoo is having a number of issues with the fact that its a new one and also seems to suffering with contacts creation issues as well.

Its created okay though.

for the others i'll reflect back that its fixed for me but there are many others who still have issues with pahntoms blocking their access. Hopefully my man will come into the community and have a look but I'll see what he says

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 124

@unwina wrote:

Well its not ok with me I've created it but yahoo is having a number of issues with the fact that its a new one and also seems to suffering with contacts creation issues as well.

Its created okay though.

for the others i'll reflect back that its fixed for me but there are many others who still have issues with pahntoms blocking their access. Hopefully my man will come into the community and have a look but I'll see what he says

Hmmm. Yeah its struggling badly for some unknown reason its got two accounts.

name@btinternet dot com

and

name@btopenworld dot com (alias)

is that correct ???

its also falling over all over the place in the contacts arena and I can;t add a contact without errors. The actual email is sending and receiving though only used simple emails.

I'm going to see what my man thinks from now. perhaps it will settle down over the weekend when the servers have perhaps had time to syncronise I know that the search and the folders are not very syncronised of late and yahoo is making way too many changes on a regualr basis for my likeing perhaps there will be a twitter change soon (too many SE's to be efficient etc)

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 70 of 124

@btinternet & @btopenworld - that's normal, you can send & receive using either domain name.

0 Ratings