Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 91 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience.  We have worked closely with the email team on this issue and as some of you have noticed the issue around creating sub accounts has been resolved by Yahoo.

For everyone who still receives a message which states you have reached the limit on your allocated email addresses.  First point of call is to access the 'My account' area of your BT Yahoo email address and delete the unused sub accounts from this list.  Here you should be presented with the 'Phantom' account that have been created.  Once you remove the unused sub accounts you should have no problems setting up a new address.

Should you try this process and still find yourself unable to create new email sub accounts then we will need to get your details and tidy everything up from our end.  Please try this step yourself first and if it doesn't work please post back here and the mods will offer you contact details.

Thanks again for all the comments and continued patience.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 92 of 124

@k33adr wrote:

They have told me that is what they have been trying to do for the last five weeks

Hi K33adr,

Thanks for the post.  If you have tried to remove the unwanted sub accounts from the 'my account' section of your primary email address, and you still cannot setup a new email address, then please get your details off to us.

Click on my username (@SeanD) and you will find our contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 124

At last nice one Sean, I'm sure some people can now see their phantoms but when we started this thing the only way the phantoms were removable was if support - BT Uk - removed them.

It now looks like the right approach is forming. Is the same approach on the other threads that have this issue being taken?

Thanks for coming in here.

0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 124

Gave them the VOL number and was told they are working on the problem still.

Don't know if any one else has heard of this but Yahoo evidently have 10 days to respond to you on matters like this. I was told I would get a response from them no later than 16/10, why this date when it is five weeks since the problem arose? On 16/10 I was told the problem with the server is not resolved.

Why 10 days? It is not like thay have to fix it in that time scale? Anybody else heard of this?

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 95 of 124

My relative's phantom sub accounts are not visible so they cannot be deleted by us, but there's no pressing need to create new ones at this point.

@SeanD will the phantom accounts which are not visible automatically delete themselves and free up quota after a period of time?

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 124

Hi Aoxm84,

You should be able to delete those email addresses but if not, send me in the details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I'll get this investigated.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 124

For 2 weeks now I have been told my issue will be resolved within 7 days but probably more like 3-4. days... but after 2 weeks waiting I still cannot create any new sub-accounts and cannot see any of the sub accounts that were created as part of this problem while I tried to find a free email address.... getting fed up now with nothing being done and no resonses back from BT

Last week BTCare said give it another week... Well I have and still unable to have another email address

0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 124

Two weeks, if only they could fix it in that time frame that would be joy!!!!!

You'll have to wait a lot longer than that I fear.

0 Ratings
Doug2015Mason
Beginner
Message 99 of 124

I am still having this problem even though BT have phoned me today and told me it is fixed. On sunday some one from bt took screenshots of my account and told be it would be fixed in 72 hours . Well it ant fixed far from it it is just the same 

0 Ratings
clacksman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 124

I have just returned from places not yet reached by by the internet, hoping to find that this problem had been solved in my absence. NOT SO! I still have a full complement of Phantoms which I cannot see and thus cannot delete. I still need another sub account so I need some help. How can I get my phantoms exorcised?

0 Ratings