cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

Hi Everyone,

As you know the issue that prevented customers from creating new sub accounts was resolved last week.  We are aware that many of you still cannot create new sub accounts because the phantom accounts are still counting toward your allocation of 11 email addresses.  Up until now we have been clearing the phantom accounts manually. 

I am pleased to let you know that BT have a process in place to clear all the phantom accounts.  We hope that this process will be completed by 30th October.  This will mean you will not have to contact BT directly to request that this is done.

Cheers,

Robbie

bermange
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 124

Will this process also free up the email addresses of the accounts that we tried to create but were unable to?

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 124

Hi Bermange,

The short is yes they will! Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 114 of 124

Thanks Robbie, that's good news.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 115 of 124

It seems to be fixed already, my phantoms are no longer affecting the quota and BT Support were not specifically contacted.

0 Ratings
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 124

I just wondered if the phantom accounts that were created and are being deleted will be available for reuse once deleted?

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 117 of 124

@WillR wrote:

I just wondered if the phantom accounts that were created and are being deleted will be available for reuse once deleted?

Robbie seems to suggest they may have solved that issue but thats not what I was told by BTCare who initially stated the same but then when I specifically mentioned it they went back to the email team I was then told

"Normally, it can take a few months before a cancelled email is available to book again"

Now in this instance I don't think they actually made it to the yahoo server that stores the email stuff from the BT side but I'm not sure. Maybe Robbie is correct but if one is available after the proposed date then that will seal it. 

Time will tell ...

0 Ratings
reyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 124

I have two email accounts (sub or whatever) they don't have the delete or change password line, I cannot remember the passwords so they are useless to me and I would like them deleted please. I don't know if they are what you are calling phantom accounts, they may be, they are still there today 30th Oct so would a mod kindly have a look please.

Thank you

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 119 of 124

That's a different issue, but also an issue.

On BT Mail, if you delete an address, you can undelete it within 60 days. After 60 days the deleted email address sits there in the BT Mail control panel with no delete or undelete button, but it still counts towards the quota.

0 Ratings
qwilpen64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 124

update friday 21:20

well it's friday and things have changed a bit on your customer we site, when you log in now aand go to click on where manage emails should be it still says check email, click on it and it logs you out and you can now no longer access any web mail, well done bt .

0 Ratings