Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoxm84
Expert
Message 11 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

@unwina wrote:

Sadly he's not having a lot of luck as I think its pretty much out of his control - i.e. its a third party - yahoo.

Well, if this is Yahoo's issue to fix then BT must inform them of the issue and make sure they resolve it.

0 Ratings
bermange
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 124

I have the same problem with creating a sub-account.

When is this likely to be fixed?

0 Ratings
bermange
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 124

Re: Cannot create new sub account - Please correct the errors highlighted below

I have the same problem with creating a sub-account.

When is this likely to be fixed?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 124

Hi Guys,

The BT Yahoo team are aware of issue with the creation of sub accounts on BT Yahoo mail. This issue is currently being investigated. As soon as I know more I will post an update on this thread.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 15 of 124

Thanks PaddyB.

Are the team also aware that some customers have maxed out their sub account quota even though BT Yahoo says they have sub accounts available?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 124

Re: Cannot create new sub account - Please correct the errors highlighted below

Instead of posting over multiple threads about the same problem you would be better posting on one thread. This thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Phantom-sub-accounts/td-p/1535738

would appear to be getting the help from the moderators.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 124

I can confirm that the fault I am having dealt with is one and the same as you describe. To summarise the fault

1. 5 sub accounts are in use, 5 are spare on Accounts dashboard

2. Try to add new sub account which fails with errors as shown in pjb42 images

3. Try to add account again but its in use.

4. 5 sub accounts are in use, 5 are spare on Accounts dashboard

5. Change account name slightly to try again and it fails with same error as in 2

6. 5 sub accounts are in use, 5 are spare on Accounts dashboard

Eventually after 5 attempts (although I did not know this at the time.) it will fail sub account maximum reached or something of that nature and that's it end of until fixed.

Until Yahoo fix this problem it cannot be fixed by the BT front end teams although they can somehow see the failed ones though and will even suggest they can delete them, I don't believe they can or it will help if they can (I stopped them at that point as it was clear their English is not that good for them to understand the difference between real sub accounts and phantoms.)

I have passed on pjb42's images link to the CS person who is helping me, he knows there are more people and has said that the images will be helpful to yahoo and the case.

I actually recommend however that to assume one fix will cure this is perhaps a mistake as I believe the phantom entries will probably have to be removed for each individual case when the fix is implemented.

Hope this helps, I'm sure that this is bigger than just us few but time will tell. I think I read somewhere that it wasn't affecting all users but I can't find it at the moment.

0 Ratings
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 124

I have the same problem, there is another thread on this topic too but no resolution yet.  

0 Ratings
Doug2015Mason
Beginner
Message 19 of 124

You are having the same problem as me and the same problem with accounts being set up but not being set up. And just like you no one at BT can help great an't it what are we paying for. All this trouble started when Yahoo mail became BT mail

0 Ratings
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 124

I spent 2 1/2 hours Monday on the phone, same as someone else here, a 'manager' ended up helping out, set accounts up for me but I could not log onto it and yesterday I spent more time and was told there was a connection problem and it would take up to 7 days to resolve!! But I dont have much confidence they know what they are talking about

0 Ratings