cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clacksman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

I have the same problem. Tried to create new sub accounts with the same failure mode as above until I was told I had used up my allowance of sub accounts. However, the status page says I have used only 4 with 6 remaining and shows none of the failed creations.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 124

Dear Moderators ( @NeilO     @PaddyB )

What do you recommend as the next step?  Talking to the BT Suppport Desk appears unproductive.  Waiting politely seems not to produce results.  Since 20th Sept I've been asked to "wait 48 hours and it'll be fixed" / "you'll be called by Support within 72 hours" and so on.

So we have at least:

@unwina

@bermange

@WillR

@Doug2015Mason

@clacksman

and my neighbour who I'm trying to help.

I'm fairly sure there are hundreds more.

So - being unfamiliar with BT, please advise me (nicely) what to do.    

Many thanks

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 124

Pjb42,

I don't know if its going to make any difference but I've passed on the above to the guy in BT who I believe is working with Yahoo - He came into this from speaking to the Mods - see above.

I too am not that happy about all this and am contemplating setting up the relevant emails I need on gmail and walking away.

Having said this I have asked my support man if it would add any weight to the case if I sent the whole thing to the CEO's office . Normally I wouldn't ask to do this I'd just go there if I was a frustrated as yourself. I used to work for BT and can appreciate the difficulties here but that does not mean I feel this is not running too slowly.

Sadly I think Yahoo are on a mission to change things too often and without testing etc but I guess thats another story. 

For those people who have not yet report this officially I would suggest you do if there is any compensation for this you need to make sure you have registered it as soon as possible.

0 Ratings
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 124

Like you Unwina, I used to work for BT for almost 40 years and used to defend them with a passion but my patience is running out on this, I could set up an email account on any platform in almost a minute (gmail, icloud, hotmail etc), so dont understand what BT's issues are here, at least get people up and running and fix the problems in the background if necessary.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 124

Hi Willr,

Technically I think they are at the mercy of Yahoo, the fact that their attempt to move over to another platform seems to have stalled for whatever reason and yahoo are probably not that bothered either as they know BT is a lost cause if they get it to scale up and work.

If i'm being really honest I can't see that BT has much sway in this. I'm not sure if BT even pays yahoo either but I guess thats between them. Sadly what we have is a sortof BT badged version of yahoo's basic system complete with adverts - you have to pay yahoo to get the premium service. Make of that what you will.

Having said the above I still stay with BT to get these kind of options and if you don't tell anyone I could do with them succeeding rather than failing with the investment I still have vested in them, hence I always try to help them to fix things where I have a bit of an influence - reporting and giveing as much informtion as I can etc.

I haven;t had anything back from reporting the above but it is friday and everyone reports things on friday - usually when they get back from the pub and are twiddling their fingers before they go home etc.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 26 of 124

@unwina wrote:

If i'm being really honest I can't see that BT has much sway in this.

Of course BT has sway in this, BT are customers of Yahoo. If a customer (BT) is not happy they should complain to their service provider (Yahoo).

BT need to complain to Yahoo about this issue, and BT should keep their customers (us) informed of its progress.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 27 of 124

bt1.PNG

But:

bt2.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 124

@aoxm84 wrote:

@unwina wrote:

If i'm being really honest I can't see that BT has much sway in this.

Of course BT has sway in this, BT are customers of Yahoo. If a customer (BT) is not happy they should complain to their service provider (Yahoo).

BT need to complain to Yahoo about this issue, and BT should keep their customers (us) informed of its progress.

Do you seriously think Yahoo are going to take any notice of a company that is in the process of dumping them? What sanction do you think BT can apply, fix it or we will go with somebody else? Oh wait, BT are already doing that.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 29 of 124

@licquorice wrote:

Do you seriously think Yahoo are going to take any notice of a company that is in the process of dumping them? 

Do you seriously think BT has no contract with Yahoo that ensures a sufficient standard of service for their clients?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 124

@aoxm84 wrote:

@licquorice wrote:

Do you seriously think Yahoo are going to take any notice of a company that is in the process of dumping them? 

Do you seriously think BT has no contract with Yahoo that ensures a sufficient standard of service for their clients?

At the moment, I am very dubious of what form of contract exists between BT and Yahoo.

0 Ratings