cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

Oh right thats interesting ok well i'm not sure as someone else told the mods for me and then nealo came in the forum.

I can think of another way as well just email the CEO 😉 I guess that would get someones attention.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 124

Moderators will not respond to PMs

See link re contacting moderators

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/93164...

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 124

will Keith on page one respond he did it for me.

I see also you could perhaps notify the twitter btcare point perhaps but that is quite public

Ok GG I've seen it now. I retract the above if they are reading them then they will see this. I'm hoping that they will allow the others on here to report as well.

The issue I have with them assuming it will be fixed from the single stab by me is that in the background and based on my incident thread so far I'm not sure that we are actually trying to fix it yet simply trying to remove the phantom sub accounts to see what happens.

Hopefully I am wrong and BT and yahoo are taking a holistic aproach and will fix everyones phantoms. That would require them to be able to identify all the phantoms, make sure they are removed accordingly without then removing good ones and fix what caused it.

This, from my perspective will require someone to do a data trawl and write some script and test it and have it approved - etc etc could be awhile yet then!

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 44 of 124

Yes, and each day that the sub-account creation issue is not fixed, more and more phantom accounts will be created, reducing customers' quotas unfairly.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 124

Hopefully I am wrong and BT and yahoo are taking a holistic aproach and will fix everyones phantoms. 

BT never take an holistic approach, they always seem to treat hundreds of incidents of the same problem as individual problems. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 124

We always did in my department when I worked there Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
peter_k
Contributor
Message 47 of 124

I've just tried to create a sub account and found that despite "8 used 2 available"  on account creation I've reached my limit. Checked the sub accounts and identified a sub account that did exist not recorded.  The account could have been deleted by BT - not used for some years (2+?).

In an attempt to see if there are any traces of the account I found the email address is available at Yahoo. An email to the address is undeliverable " - SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a btinternet.com account (xxxxxx.yyyyyy@btinternet.com) [0] - mta1018.bt.mail.ir2.yahoo.com". However from "MyBT" I can change the account's password and as the primary account holder I get an email starting "Dear Customer, This is an automatic response email to confirm that the recent change of password for high.bentham has been successful.  When a password to a secondary address within a BT Yahoo! Internet account is changed, a copy of this email is sent in order to make sure that the primary account holder is aware of the change."

So a deleted address on Yahoo but a failure to delete within "BT.com"?

Update. Deleted a sub account and attempted to create a new account with the xxxxxx.yyyyyy@btinternet.com address above. https://bt.edit.client.yahoo.com/bt/create_sub responds with 

cant use.JPG

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 124

@peter_k wrote:

I've just tried to create a sub account and found that despite "8 used 2 available"  ..... 

Oops, 

The water just got murkier , I think I read somewhere in dim and distant past that if you didn't access accounts for 90 days or maybe 180 there were deactivated. I don;t think a deactivated account can be used twice. Not sure how this affects our phantom accounts though.

I only ever use my bt.com access for seeing my BT ID accounts I very rarely use them as the way into email I almost always go through yahoo.co.uk. Its much faster and usually always works ok. I did try using BT.com when these problems started but it hasn't made any improvement at all. This is for BT-Yahoo email not BT email which is different and I've yet to experience that despite the emails keep threatening its coming.

@peter_k wrote:

So a deleted address on Yahoo but a failure to delete within "BT.com"?

I've been trying to tell them that its a clash between two back end servers and I guess its another one of those multiple changes that yahoo has done lately that has not been propogated through to BT servers perhaps.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 124

This problem seems to be is escalating it seems now that we have others with similar problems on other threads hopefully someone has got the handle on this and is making sure that we are not coming at this from a number of angles.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Cannot-create-new-sub-account-Please-correct-the-errors/td-p/15388...

and here

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Can-t-create-a-sub-account-BT-Yahoo-mail/td-p/1538803

Is there a way to join this lot together they are all pretty much the same problem or is someone co-ordinating - I will pass these additional links onto my man in BTCare hopefully someone will co-ordinate this to optimize the solution.

0 Ratings
WillR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 124

Moderators will not respond to PMs

See link re contacting moderators

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/93164...

This explains why my mails to both moderators went unanswered

0 Ratings