cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

what on all accounts or only on subs, I don't have that on my master account - well not according to yahoo that is.

I think yahoo has gots its pants in a twist as I have no contacts and its stuck trying to Load them and getting a technical error I cannpot add one either. I think yahoo needs to go to the local kindergarten and get some people who know how to write software look likes someone forgot something to me.

Lets hope they fix it soon might be abit of a pain having write out full addresses I can it being difficult to convince my 80 year old mother inlaw that computers are fun. 😉 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 124

@unwina wrote:

what on all accounts or only on subs, I don't have that on my master account - well not according to yahoo that is.

addresses on day1 were xxx@btinternet.com, then BT had the bright idea of calling them xxx@btopenworld.com, then they saw sense (just for once) and reverted to xxx@btinternet.com. They are completely interchangeable though.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 73 of 124

@unwina wrote:

@Yes on all BT Yahoo accounts including primary. In Settings > Accounts you should see two email addresses, @btinternet and @btopenworld .

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 124

Well you learn something new everyday on here.

I can confirm that I sent an email to my unseen btopenworld alias and indeed it duly arrived as others say so that bit is correct, however I definitely cannot see it in "settings | account" for my master email. 

I'm still look towards the brightside depsite all this confusion ....

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 124

Success at last.  I tried once more and this time was able to create a new subaccouunt without being blocked either by

a) the phantom sub accounts using up all my secondary account allowance

b) the error about alternate email address being invalid

The first time I logged into the new subaccount (using Chrome) I hit a "temporary error 1" when it tried to set up my email account .. perhaps I was a little too hasty.  I tried again 20 minutes later (using IE 11 just in case) and it succeeded this time.

I hope this works for everyone else on this thread.   Good luck and thanks for the support.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 124

I spoke (wrote) a little too quickly. 

The phantom subaccounts are still there; just not using up your quota of secondary accounts.

However, they ARE preventing me from creating a new subaccount with a name I tried previously.

So when I try to create the sub-account with the name I tried in September it responds:

"Someone has already chosen that username. Please choose another username, be imaginative, try adding a number to the end of the name that you might remember".

I don't believe anyone else would have created "pjb093245@btopenworld.com" so don't suggest that's what's happening.

How sure are we that these accounts get deleted automatically after 90 days?  Does anyone have proof of that?

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 77 of 124

As far as I know deleted btinternet email accounts can never be reused, for privacy/security reasons. It sounds like support deleted your phantoms, but it's likely you can never use the addresses you attempted to create.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 124

I queried this and was told that after few months they would be released for use again, I don't know if this is for real or not but for now I managed to find a combination of one that was okay having exhausted all the good ones already in my attempt to get it to work before it failed with the phantoms.

Of course the ones I created as phantom may be different as they may never have been used before anyway and had not been used in parts of the system.

0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 124

I am not going to bore everyone with the horror stories I have of the terrible treatment and blatant lies that the so called BT technical team have used with me since the 16th September, as I am sure everyone who has used this page has had exactly the same BS from them as I have had.

I would like to point out though that I have been told by them that the issue may not be resolved this year.

Strange it doesn't take that long when you sign up to BT and payment is due?

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 80 of 124

@k33adr customers are suggesting here it is fixed. Have you tried again? If yes, what's the error message?

0 Ratings