cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 124

Re: Phantom sub accounts

Apart from the fact that contacts are a bit iffy still the overall issue of the initial error that caused the phantoms to be created has been fixed and my email seems to be straight I created the email sub account I needed and it seems to be functioning. My feelings are that Yahoo moved the goalposts and failed to tell BT that they had but I'm sure BT would never really state this as they are partners.

I was told that BT email was going to replace the Yahoo very soonbut others on here might see that as a smokescreen bearing in mind that many of us have been waiting for change overs for a long time. Its seems that yahoo does not care about the BT side of things or even its own customers its hell bent on making change after change to just keep its head above water I feel.

As for your experience I can empathise from my own experience, I have been told that I should use BT Care for all my queries again but I've yet to ask how the best way is to make the relevant contact to the people who can fix it. I know if I go through the CEOs office that I can get results but I canme here and got results ok it took a while and if I could have I would have considered carefully whether to jump ship. 

One thing is sure BT has recognised that the offshore partnership is not working as well as expected for the customers and is moving much of it back home.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 124

@k33adr  to summarise:  the original problem (bad alternate email address) appears to have been fixed 16/10/15 (well done BT and Yahooo), along with the removal of the phantom email accounts which accumulated until one's secondary account limit was reached.

What continues to be a problem is that any subaccount names you entered, whilst the "bad alternate email" bug was there, persist and the security rules prevent you recreating a subaccount with that same name.

@unwina has been told that this block should disappear if the account is not activated after several months, but I am sceptical; "wait a few hours/days/months and it will go away" seems to be a common closing to most of my conversations with BT Support, e.g. "wait 24 to 48 hours and it will be fixed  ... what should I do if it isn't fixed in 48 hours? ... oh no it will most certainly be fixed in 48 hours" (20th Sept 2015).

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 83 of 124

I would very much like a forum moderator to ask if these phantom accounts can be deleted for all affected users automatically, or find out if the phantom accounts will be deleted from a user's "hidden" quota usage within time.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 124

I have already asked that of the people who were/are officially helping me - I passed a lot of stuff on to them from this thread and others and as far as I can tell they took it on board along the way. I also asked them if someone could co-ordinate the sweep up or at least request that the mods do this but we will see what they say - this was an email I sent yesterday and no comment as yet.

I'm waiting for them. For anyone who thinks this is dragging and hasn't got a VOL no yet then you could go online and request someone looks into this. Here is not the fastest way to get a response though but if they sit up and notice things will get done, I can vouch for that it worked for me and this time I did not bother going to the CEO.
0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 124

Why say the problem is fixed when it is not?

0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 124

It is not fixed

error message as usual is as follows

Alert! Please correct the errors highlighted below.

• You have reached the maximum number of secondary accounts.
0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 87 of 124

@k33adr there were 2 issues:

1. Could not create sub accounts due to bug in sub account creation form

2. Invisible "phantom" accounts being created due to issue 1

Issue 1 is resolved. If you cannot create sub accounts due the phantom accounts you need to get them cleared by BT Support.

0 Ratings
k33adr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 124

They have told me that is what they have been trying to do for the last five weeks

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 89 of 124

can someone who has authority to, ask a mod to get his details and help him fix this. My man says its fixed and they did remove my phantoms fairly quickly before the true fault was fixed.

My man also seem to think you just contact a mod but I'm not sure he follows - I have poked him again but it will be quicker if a mod steps and gets an incident raised.

There is a fix and it shouldn't take weeks to effect.

0 Ratings
pjb42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 124

@k33adr perhaps I assumed incorrectly that the phantom accounts were all removed as part of the fix of the original "alternate email" bug.  As well as posting on this forum, I was talking on the phone to BT Support, noting my VOL... ticket numbers that they assigned (different ones on each call .. what sort of continuity is that???), and sending them screen shots.   So perhaps they selectively ran the process to delete my phantom accounts without telling me.

Therefore I endorse the suggestion from @unwina that you call BT Support once more, quoting your VOL... number from previous calls and insist that they delete your phantom accounts. 

I have now accumulated three different VOL... tickets (no point publishing them because the moderators on this forum immediately blanked them out when I included them in my first post).

Good luck with the phantoms.....  

0 Ratings