cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Photo attachments won't send from Smart Phone.

Go to solution

I cannot send photo attachments by email from my Samsung S21.  I have never had a problem before sometimes sending multiple attachments, some small files some quite large. Every attachment I send to my home desktop is reported as; "Couldn't send" on my mobile and gets sent to the Outbox. I can send a text only email and friends have sent photo attachments from their mobiles to my desktop email successfully. I have spoken to O2 my mob service provider and they have told me that it is a bt problem.  Phone will send attachments to my outlook.com email address but not bt.  Any thoughts please and who do I contact at BT.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Photo attachments won't send from Smart Phone.

Go to solution

are you using BT email or preferably 3rd party app like bluemail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

I am using btinternet.com in Outlook.  Never had a problem before and other users can send me their photos successfully.  I also use outlook.com and receive pics from my mobile. I would phone BT but don't really know where to start. O2 say that is is a BT problem. I suppose there might be a setting somewhere in Samsung Android but wouldn't know where to start.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Have you tried sending photos using the BTMail logon instead of using Outlook to see if it is an Outlook problem?

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Thank you.  Yes I have and nothing there.  Samsung email sates "Couldn't send".

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Don't use the Samsung email, use a web browser and log onto your BT email account using the link I posted. 

Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Thank you, I have done that. The attachments will still not send. I have used this system for years and suddenly it has stopped working.  I can send attachments to other email addresses and I can receive attachments from other senders but I cannot send an attachment to my own address.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Is it only photo attachments that you can not receive or does it also happen with document attachments?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

I do not have any document or pdf files on my phone so have nothing to try with. I will send a pdf file to my phone and try and return it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

I have successfully sent an email with a document file attached.

0 Ratings