cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 28

Re: Photo attachments won't send from Smart Phone.

Go to solution

This should only affect incoming images but it might be worth checking. Log onto your email account via a browser and go to the settings which can be found by clicking on your username at the top right. Then go to Mail in the left column then click on Blocked Images and ensure that "Allow all images" is selected.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

Thanks for that, getting quite hopeful.  Allow all images ticked though.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 28

Go to solution

On your phone can you confirm that when you log onto your BT email account using a browser that you can send document attachments but not photo attachments?

Can you confirm that this is the same when you log onto your BT email account on your home computer.

Can you check your Sent/Out box on your phone email app and your home computer and delete any emails that are there and have not been sent. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Thank you for your continued thoughts, much appreciated. I have downloaded a new BT Email app on the phone that will send docs and photos to desktop Outlook successfully. From BT Email on the desktop I can send photos and docs to Outlook successfully. All unsent emails have been deleted. I have sent another photo attachment from my email and as before "Couldn't send".  The answer of course is to use BT Mail but that doesn't solve the problem of what is wrong. All a bit of a mystery but many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

It appears to me that the problem is a setting in Outlook or which ever email app you have been using to send the photo attachment rather than a problem with your BT email account.

Other than uninstalling Outlook and then restarting your phone before reinstalling Outlook there is nothing further that I can suggest.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, that was what I thought.  I suspect that there is a problem in the Samsung Email or whatever it is.  I will have to get help with that.  Thanks for your involvement, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

I have encountered exactly the same problem as yourself, using my Samsung A14. But it only started this week. Previously I have had no issues sending pictures as attachments to my own email address. I can send the same email to my wife's email address and it sends ok. Then she can send it onto me so there is no problem with sending on the A14, or with my email inbox receiving it. It only seems to be a problem sending attachments to my own email account from the A14. I can successfully send an email from the phone to my own email account without any attachment. I have spoken to the BT email team and they say it must be a problem with the smart phone or its settings but they couldn't explain any more. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

We have an identical problem starting at about the same time. With the help of "clcg30340" I think we have eliminated a BT problem. O2 my provider says it is not their problem so that only leaves a setting in Android or Samsung.  Please keep in touch if there are any further developments.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

PhilWilk2  I seem to recall downloading an update at about the time this went wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

I have checked my Mail settings and that was set to "Block all images" although that is not a setting I have ever changed, and attaching pictures and sending has always previously worked fine. Anyway, I have changed it to "Allow all images", closed email on my PC and re-opened it, and I've tried to send another picture from my phone but it hasn't made any difference. 

I have tried uninstalling the BT Mail app on my phone, restarting the phone and re-installing the app but that also hasn't made any difference. It is very kind of gg30340 to try and help but nothing seems to be making a difference. This is becoming hugely frustrating. 

0 Ratings