cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duncan10
Expert
Message 18 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

I am with you there. I am very much a "one off"  and require a bit more intellectual stimulus than is proved on BTs site. If you cant customise BT Mails new website then they have missed out big-time. My other email service can do all that-wallpaper etc

0 Ratings
clacksman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

I was only switched today but so far I agree. Not only is it dumbed down but it seems to be one size fits all. No user functionality. No room for individual homepage design. I do not like it! 

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 22 of 174

With the build up to CP I was expecting -"great things"-billion dollar company- billion dollar email site. Change what you want -make it individual to YOU! -look forward to entering it. I still havent been transferred yet  but now I am a bit depressed. I think its all down to adverts to pay for it. Which is what Yahoo does-28 a few days ago now 12-keeps changing.Thank goodness for Ad-block/Ad-block + etc. Dont have to use it on my other email service-NO adverts/tracking /etc.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 23 of 174

Why not just switch your browser's home page to http://my.yahoo.com/ ?

Oliver.
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 174

Which is what I did 🙂 I loathe the BT Portal and told them so when it was in trial. It is dumbed down to the point of being offensive

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Andy_W
Contributor
Message 25 of 174

Thank goodness - I was wondering when someone would start complaining about this - I thought I must be the only person who was aghast at the loss of the BT Yahoo! homepage functionality.

Where are the RSS links to the BBC? I already pay through the licence fee for a perfectly good public service news provider. I don't need a few giant images and very few words accompanying them, thanks very much.

Where is the calendar, should I do all my time planning through my iPhone?

Where is the email preview pane that tells me if it's worth going into my mail?

BT, wake up, this is the most pointless homepage that I know, and I will find another one if you don't pull your socks up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 174

The calendar is associated with the new BT Mail, which you will see when you are migrated.

There is a preview here The new BT Mail and calendar

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 27 of 174

Not impressed Keith small re-design . It looks old fashioned .I was expecting -inovation.challenge- inventiveness-cutting edge  All the things that make an excellent webpage. Could BT not have paid a top web-page designer to come out with what  most BT subscribers want. There's a web-page designer round the corner from me who does better.My other email service is like a Leonardo Da-Vinci painting compared to that. Sorry putting it down -still a loyal user but sadly disappointed.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 174

Actually all I want is two boxes one for the email address and one for the password, a dropdown to select the account (email address) would be useful. All the rest can be nice white space. Perhaps a link so I can log on to my BT phone etc account.

Not sure they would need to pay a web designer much for that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 174

@duncan10 wrote:

Not impressed Keith small re-design . It looks old fashioned .I was expecting -inovation.challenge- inventiveness-cutting edge  All the things that make an excellent webpage. Could BT not have paid a top web-page designer to come out with what  most BT subscribers want. There's a web-page designer round the corner from me who does better.My other email service is like a Leonardo Da-Vinci painting compared to that. Sorry putting it down -still a loyal user but sadly disappointed.

I was one of the traillists of the new mail, and I did think it was a bit sparse, but then again, Yahoo did go a bit over the top.

Its always goint to be a compromise, especially now that many peope are using portable devices, with smaller screen sizes.

An uncluttered interface is better in this respect.

Personally I use an e-mail client, and I am pleased to say, the new platform seems to work well on many different devices.

0 Ratings