cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TetburyWeb
Beginner
Message 5 of 174

Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

Two days with the new BT.com after many years with BT Yahoo and the customer experience is truly awful. I have zero interest in news from the soaps etc. but used live weather, diary and vitally the FTSE tracking and personal stock totaliser all the time. Can it be that hard to give us back some of the previous functionality ??

Am I alone in thinking this is a seriously dumbed down product.

173 REPLIES 173
duncan10
Expert
Message 9 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

I agree I am not a person who spends my days talking about soaps. The problem is many do. Maybe they can add a section for those requiring a bit more mental stimulation. Dont take that to mean I like Yahoo I dont I hate it. and look forward to it disappearing. But you have a point.

Message 10 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

For me the cleaner the better. I hate all the clutter. If I use webmail I desire nothing but that. Enter, execute the task, quit. I hope BT's new webmail page is just that. No doubt though it will probably be full of tracking beacons, 1 x 1 pixel spying scripts, LSOs and other types of cookies and ads trying to monetise my every move and personal details.

Why don't you just bookmark those favourite Yahoo pages? Or set up a Yahoo account solely for those functions?

duncan10
Expert
Message 11 of 174

I agree FLO- While BT are doing all this removal and transfer work. I joined another email service .All I can say is Beautiful! Its all BT yahoo is not-No adverts-no junk-no viruses-no spam - no offers of £1000000 from somewhere in Africa.Able to have your choice of wallpaper if not lovely views of the country where it is based-quick as lightning- unlimited storage-Dont like all the stuff thats there-easy! one click -light version. Its a JOY to use and I mean it!

0 Ratings
whiskywheels
Contributor
Message 12 of 174

I'm still using BTYahoo and my customised home page. I've not been informed of any changes by BT. I thought the changeover was supposed to have happened ages ago?
0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 13 of 174

It is still not fully implemented  and seems to be getting done  in stages. It will probably take into next year[unless somebody knows different] till we are fully transferred to CP. Your lucky you have not been affected yet by the changes. Many have like me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 174

@whiskywheels wrote:
I'm still using BTYahoo and my customised home page. I've not been informed of any changes by BT. I thought the changeover was supposed to have happened ages ago?

The changeover has not taken place yet, but is imminent, once the field trial has been completed. New customers will be migrated first, then existing customers.

0 Ratings
wasleys
Contributor
Message 15 of 174

@TetburyWeb wrote:

Two days with the new BT.com after many years with BT Yahoo and the customer experience is truly awful. I have zero interest in news from the soaps etc. but used live weather, diary and vitally the FTSE tracking and personal stock totaliser all the time. Can it be that hard to give us back some of the previous functionality ??

Am I alone in thinking this is a seriously dumbed down product.

No, you are not alone. Not only is it seriously dumbed down it has thrown the baby out with the bath water.

Like you I had the BT Yahoo home page set as I wanted with news, finance, weather and email. It worked well for me.

BT might at least have thought to let us maintain something like the existing features we had.

Bad, bad move.

duncan10
Expert
Message 16 of 174

I am sure BT has done a survey and found what is on the new email site is what the younger generation wants. You might be young yourself but that is what the majority like. And no I dont like the more "media" aimed displays any more than you do.And I have only seen flashes of it as I have not been moved yet. But never mind maybe somebody at BT will take people like you and me into  consideration. 

0 Ratings
whiskywheels
Contributor
Message 17 of 174

I've already been hunting for a new homepage, I certainly won't be using the new 'myBT' one.  There seems to be no room for individuality anymore, and it's assumed that we're all only interested in football, the results of 'strictly' and banal news items. At least I can customise my bt.yahoo page to what I want to see, for now.

0 Ratings