it will ask you for a username and password

put the username and  password of btinternet one which bt has provided  you

and click on login

and start checking your mails

0 Ratings
kchops
Contributor
Message 132 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

I to have spent many years with BT from the dial up days to present. I also do not like the new BT.com home page I had the BT Yahoo home page just to my liking I use to login of a morning at home or at work make myself a coffee and have a bit of me time I use to preview my emails, read the news, I even read my horoscope (just for a bit of fun) before the pressure of the day started. I think what BT.com have now provided as a home page is no more than a portal onto the Internet perhaps they want you to use Yahoo, MSN, Google, or Sky as they still make the same amount of money because we are all paying our subscriptions. With the relationship between BT and Yahoo at an end you would think that BT had learnt over the years what their customers want and seeing the format of the old BT Yahoo home page could get very close if not use the same template and I do not see money as an obstacle when you see the obscene amount of money they have just agreed to pay for the football just to outbid Sky.

I don't usually contribute to forums like this as I think all the negative comments are just swept under the carpet and buried and from what I see reading the comments BT does not give a fig about customer retention otherwise they would have UK based support perhaps an on line survey to see what customers needs are instead of this one size fits all approach were you opt in or vote with your feet. 

LEBlues
Contributor
Message 133 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

Yahoo have also just changed their homepage......and it's pants!

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 134 of 174

Yes they they have a new email page. And from the middle of January Yahoo will fall into line with everybody else and use HTTPS [SSL]. They have a long list of additional apps to entice email users to Yahoo. Come on BT come out with something just as good and your customers will multiply. You can do it!

Chrisgor
Message 135 of 174

Re: How to set up the home page (again!!!) on Yahoo

Hi Duncan it's not about the email but about the homepage and gateway.  Actually if you have a BT account it's up to you what email you use. You still need an ISP to access it and BT is an ISP provider, but one which  has just downgraded its functionality for many users.  Yahoo is not an ISP provider but a gateway so the argument about losing customers doesn't apply just becasue you use yahoo.  I don't want to use yahoo mail but I do need the customisable home page. That is what I wanted to migrate....yes you aquire a yahoo mail address..but in any case I use my BT email tho not through BT's mail application. 

More info re settin up the new home page: YAHOO.COM has stunning graphics and look, much nice than yahoo,co.uk so if you like that more set up the new homepage on yahoo.com, unitl such time as BT provides something customisable.  

0 Ratings
Chrisgor
Message 136 of 174

You have to go to MY Yahoo and completely customise the page.... I doubt there is a decent ready set up home page from any provider but it's the fact that you can change the Yahoo pages that matters here. 

0 Ratings
Chrisgor
Message 137 of 174

Re: New BT.Com Site and Yahoo

This only seems to work for some users; it just refereed me back to the new BT home page.
0 Ratings
Chrisgor
Message 138 of 174

Thanks for this info I have been able to rescue my lost bookmarks. Truly appreciate this info.
0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 139 of 174

Re: New BT homepage, Where to complain?

Home page? uk.yahoo.com works for me.

0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 140 of 174

Use uk.yahoo.com for the win.

0 Ratings