cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_W
Contributor
Message 30 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

Thanks Keith, glad to hear it. However the calendar should be linked from the "home" page otherwise it's not what I call home. Without you pointing this out, I had no way of accessing my calendar.

The transitioning away from Yahoo seems to have been advertised for forever, the normal favourite/home page links to BT Yahoo! have been cut, and when you finally get to your mail and calendar what do you get? BT Yahoo! mail and calendar.

Could they be any more annoying the way they are going about it.  And I won't even mention BT Sport online - oops.

0 Ratings
wasleys
Contributor
Message 35 of 174

Re: Please, please provide the excellent BT Yahoo functionality on the new BT.com

If anyone finds a decent homepage could they let us know, please?

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 174

You can set up a new Yahoo account via this link  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081216064831AAqoVPA

0 Ratings
Bazza65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 174

Isn't it a bummer, do you think someone has gone on a special course to learn how to annoy people or maybe BT now remove the brains of their staff.

But all is not lost!!! Your BT Yahoo page is still there, intact as you left it.

First go here if your a uk user. http://uk.my.yahoo.com/

You can either set up a Yahoo account or as I did use either your Facebook or Google account to sign in.

So you click Sign in, then click either sign in with Facebook or Google.

The first time you do this I had to enter my Google username(email address and password).

For some reason I had to use my BT Yahoo password not my Google password.

You will then be taken to your beloved BT Yahoo page!!!

Click make this my home page.

You will stiill need to sign in but it's just two mouse clicks.

Click Sign in and then either Facebook or Google.

Bazza

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 38 of 174

Does BT realise that Yahoo is winning here in the race to get as many BT yahoo account holders over to YAHOO account holders. BT they are "running rings" round you! and you are shooting yourself in the foot. This changeover must have lost BT 1000s of customers. Why wasnt more money put into it and a "high power" exec. using the same driving force as they do in the US to make My BT-MAIL everything the subscribers want. Its the old story of -when somebody finds a website they like. You have either lost them or have a tough job getting then back. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 40 of 174

@duncan10 wrote:

This changeover must have lost BT 1000s of customers.

A reasonable conclusion if you believe this forum to be representative of the general customer reaction. I don't. Unlike Mark Antony, people come here to bury BT not to praise them. They are of course entitled to express their views, and BT sometimes sit up and take notice, but a handful of complainants don't make a mass walk out. My bet is that an immense majority of customers don't give a monkey's about BT's home page and don't give it a second look on their way to wherever they're going. And those who use an email client as an infinitely preferable way of handling email are probably blissfully unaware that all this is going on.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
duncan10
Expert
Message 41 of 174

You mention the email client but it was  precisely that that that was unable to access the server and so I had to continually go to the website and re-input the same passworld and "low and behold" many people posting here had exactly tha same problem -see other threads- Bt has been continually criticised and complaints made not just in newspapers but in many PC mags from   dissatified customers Many have moved elsewhere. Its all down to propaganda or should I say advertising BT isnt winning this. I wont be  leaving BT because I like BT. But that doesnt mean I cant comment adversely  on it if I think its made a mistake somewhere even an exe. eng. I spoke to agreed. Yahoo has lets say been more "astute" than BT in its presentation to the public.Although I hate them  you have got to admire them for persistance and dogged determination to get more Yahoo email subscribers. BT has adopted some US methods but not all the ways used by companies there to attract customers publicity wise. What would it cost BT to make some concessions to some of the criticism as regards the BT mail website not a lot in relation to a multi-million dolar company. Henry Ford knew it back in the 20s -"give the public what they want". 

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 174

I wasn't commenting on the merits of the changes, just saying that the views expressed here aren't representative of the general view because they're skewed to the negative side. An unstructured clutch of criticism doesn't show what the public wants.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
TetburyWeb
Beginner
Message 53 of 174

"An unstructured clutch of criticism doesn't show what the public wants"

I am delighted with the common theme expressed here that the new BT home page is dire and a poor and expensive substitute for what was previously available and configerable to my needs via BT Yahoo. The people who have responded to my original post seem to have a common and well thought through theme - hardly an "unstructured clutch of criticism". BT as usual are totally absent from any input (calling them is a waste of time). All I want in one place is my calendar, FTSE, my own live stock portfolio, weather here and at another world city of my choice and a shortcut panel to my email.  Now I have TV soap, football and adverts for cars. My BTYahoo home page has now evaporated but thank you to those who pointed me back that way for a few days..... 

Andy_W
Contributor
Message 58 of 174

But all is not lost!!! Your BT Yahoo page is still there, intact as you left it.

First go here if your a uk user. http://uk.my.yahoo.com/

That worked for me yesterday. Today BT's thought police have got to that too, redirecting me to the most unhomely home page in cybertown.

Is there a Moderator listening to all this? I hope he/she/they are collecting all these 'toxic treasures' of feedback from the hoi polloi. The clock is ticking.

0 Ratings