Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Please stop BT Mail over active spam filter

Go to solution

I use a POP email client (Thunderbird on my PC). I have set the BT Mail settings "Switch off spam filtering" and "Do not identify spam" yet BT Mail still moves some of my emails to the spam folder and does not download them to my email client which means I do not receive those emails on my PC.

I want to see all the emails sent to me, is that not unreasonable?

"Switch spam filtering off" should mean that zero emails get moved to the spam folder.

Come on BT please fix your email processing to do what it is set to do.

NoSpamSetting.jpg

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Re: BT Mail spam filtering

Go to solution

This is still a problem for me. BT Mail is moving some emails to the spam folder when I have it set to "Switch off spam filtering" and "Do not identify spam" and then I never receive those emails on my PC POP email client (thunderbird). I want to see all the emails sent to me. Is that not unreasonable?

0 Ratings
lotusgary
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

It sounds perfectly reasonable to me - but obviously BT know better than us and can decide what email it wants us to see and you can't do anything about it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

@mikedabike wrote:

This is still a problem for me. BT Mail is moving some emails to the spam folder when I have it set to "Switch off spam filtering" and "Do not identify spam" and then I never receive those emails on my PC POP email client (thunderbird). I want to see all the emails sent to me. Is that not unreasonable?

Hi.

Just to make sure, have you checked that you've not set any personal filters that might send emails to the spam folder ?

0 Ratings
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Hi Andy_N,

By personal filters, I assume you mean "Blocked Senders", "Rules" or "Auto Forward".

Nope, none of those set.

However I have now set some "Safe Senders" e.g. codeproject.com as those emails were being sent to the spam folder.

That has fixed codeproject emails, I'm now receiving them.

But why are any emails at all going to the spam folder when settings = "Switch off spam filter" ?

0 Ratings
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

> It sounds perfectly reasonable to me

> but obviously BT know better than us and can decide what email it wants us to see and you can't do anything about it

I think you've hit the nail on the head ;-(

0 Ratings
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Re: Please stop BT Mail over active spam filter

Go to solution

This is still an issue.

I guess in BT world "Switch spam filtering off" means send random emails to the spam folder.

There must be some incompetent software testers about?

0 Ratings
mikedabike
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Well it looks like BT may have fixed this issue.

I have been monitoring emails going to the spam folder even though spam filtering is switched off for the last year.

And it's been about 2 months since any of my emails have gone awol.

So looks like it may well have been fixed.

Thanks for letting us know!

0 Ratings
evor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

I just wish all the spam would go into the spam folder. Currently get upwards of 20 - 30 per day all same type mark as spam and within couple of hours they all appear again nothing is going directly to the spam folder, I did start sending them on bulk to Phishing@bt.com but have started to get a rejection from them now obviously marked me up as spam.

0 Ratings
Carronhall
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Slightly off thread here possibly - my problem is in my BTINTERNET account I have consistently received legitimate email from a friend directly to my BT Inbox. 

Suddenly mail from that same address is going directly to SPAM (I'm not aware of having changed filters and it's only mail from this one address that is affected).

In simple speak please - how can I remedy this please?

Any advice appreciated.

0 Ratings