Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KernowChris
Expert
Message 1 of 6

Pop up EMails

Peculiar issue, 

When I was transferred from Yahoo to BT Mail when I opened a mail it opened in the mail window, a few days ago this changed to opening a pop up window with the mail in it, this was great and made operations much simpler. Tonight it's gone back to opening within the mail window. 

How do I restore the behaviour so that when an EM title is clicked the mail appears in a pop up window again?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Pop up EMails

Single click opens the mail, double click opens the mail in a new window.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Sadly single or double click only open within the frame, not a popup. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

So it does.

Previously double clicking opened a new window and rather than learn to single click people complained. It would appear that BT have listened to the complaints and double clicking no longer opens a new window.

There was an upgrade a few days ago which was presumably intended to make this change to behaviour but just to confuse matters, the upgrade went wrong which resulted in single clicking doing nothing and users having to double click to open mails. This was fixed yesterday resulting in the current operation.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

A double click only works in the preview mode. It does not work if you have no preview selected. One of the joys of the BT email system!!

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, I've set up preview now, and parked a message in preview mode at the extreme bottom of the screen. Pop up on double click is now working again. 

Hopefully someone from the team will read this post and get the option back working across all the 'views' again.

Maybe one of the BT people here might pass this on for investigation as live chat to flag this is of course currently not available. 

0 Ratings