cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Ports for E Mail

Thanks, I'm reluctant to delete the A/c as I think I would lose all of my Contacts & am not sure they would come back if I set Huawei Mail up as IMAP with settings that I have in Thunderbird.

Comments?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

You shouldn't lose them, but to be on the safe side you can export your address book to a file and then import it back again afterwards.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Presumably the tablet will be using Android and you will have set up a Google account so that you can use the Playstore etc. If that is the case your contacts on the tablet will be saved in the devices contacts app and not in the email app so they will not be deleted when you delete the email account from the email app.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 14 of 22

Firstly, let me say thanks for all of your inputs, this does help.

Yes, I have got a Google A/c set up on the Huawei, but checking this there are only approx. 60 Contacts in Google & there are 200+ in the VIP Contacts of Huawei mail.

I assume these 200+ have come from Btyahoo Contacts.

Further to that I can't find how to Export the 200+ Contacts.

So I'm in a mess!

I'm not a confident person at IT

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

I suspect that your contacts are stored away from the actual email app on your tablet but you can "export" then to a file if you want to "play safe".

See links

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/content/en-gb00746179/

You will want to use the "to storage" option.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

Just in case you are not sure.... It is only your selected email account that is on your email app that you are deleting. You are not deleting the email app.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 17 of 22

I bit the bullet & deleted the A/c

As you suggested my long list of Contacts were not deleted.

I then set up the Huawei with a new Account using the settings that I in Thunderbird.

Hence I now have an incoming A/c using IMAP with Port of 993,Security type SSL/TLS

Outgoing is SMTP, Port 465, Security Type SSL/TLS

BUT, and it's big one.

When I enter a name to an e mail, even though it's on the VIP Contact list within Huawei it is not coming up on the e mail address bar.

Any ideas for correction?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

I know nothing about the Huawei device, but is there a setting to choose where contacts are stored? You might have to point the mail app to your contacts.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 19 of 22

Thanks for the idea, but there is not a setting for this, you can only add or delete

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Likewise I have no idea about your tablet however I would think there will be something in the email apps settings or advance settings regarding where it will find and save any email addresses/contacts.

You should check to see where the contacts are stored. If you try to add a contact it should either show you were they are stored or it will ask where you want it stored.