cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoopy48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Premium Mail Customer - unable to set up a second of my allowed 11 email addresses

Go to solution

Hi,   I have been a BT Premium Mail for some years now and noted that with the recent changeover from Yahoo to BT, they have reminded me that I can have 11 email addresses within the service I pay for.  I have tried to do this on countless occasions, by signing into My BTID, but on each and ever occasion, there is a red flag telling me there is a technical error and I should try again later.  I have today submitted a formal complaint but I am not holding my breath.  Anyone else with the same experience ? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Premium Mail Customer - unable to set up a second of my allowed 11 email addresses

Go to solution

Have you tried calling the BT Premium Email Team 0808 100 6778 to see if they can help you?

0 Ratings
snoopy48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Premium Mail Customer - unable to set up a second of my allowed 11 email addresses

Go to solution

Yes, had a conversation with that team 6 days ago and the guy took every interest in my complaint, even asking for screen shots of the problem and after assessing it as a 'BT' problem, said it would go forward for urgent investigation and would be resolved promptly.  Two days later I had a voicemail telling me the problem has been resolved.  

No sit, it hasn't and this is a problem that I have had as long as I have been a Premium Mail customer.  So time to get back to them yet again.  What a shambles!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Presumably you only have Premium mail because of the hassle of changing a longstanding email address with countless people, I can't imagine why would you want to cause yourself even more hassle by creating a further ISP address.

0 Ratings
snoopy48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

No I agree but at a current charge of £90 a year, these addresses form part of my contract with BT that they have failed to provide since inception of my Premium mail.  It's more of a legal issue than a convenience one.  But there are of course other wrangles involving not carrying forward all of my address book, why does opening up one email show another, etc etc.  No I do not enjoy my existence with BT Premium mail but for now, and as you say, my email address is the hub of thousands of important contacts. And having been with BT for everything in the past, in fact 30 years plus, I am so aware how lamentable their customer service is. 

0 Ratings
snoopy48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I just thought I should update this thread and bring it to conclusion!   After having spoken to some five Premium mail helpline advisors ( including one who vehemently denied I was entitled to an additional ten email addresses ), writing yet again to the BT correspondence centre and receiving four 'case closed' letters from BT, I was still in a situation where I could still not enjoy my additional email addresses, in fact, the 'red warning flag' was ever present every time I logged into my BTID!

I was beginning to think I was living on another planet at this point so I calmly and clearly sourced the BT Group CEO, Philip Jansen's email and sent off a history of the complete shambles to date and included screen shots galore to illustrate the point. I did however observe the stated protocol of writing directly to the CEO and was pleasant but direct to the point.  Within two hours, the matter had been sorted after being referred to a senior technical advisor who followed it up with a very helpful phone call and I am now the owner of ten additional email addresses with being able to access account web pages that I have never seen before. 

Plus, for my trouble, they credited my account with £30 to secure four months of billing going forward!  Finally a happy bunny!  

0 Ratings
Sandy64
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Very pleased that your problem has been resolved. 

I have had  the same problem for many months, and will now follow your example and contact the CEO.

0 Ratings
snoopy48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Sandy 64 and good luck!   

You have probably sourced this already

0 Ratings