cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Premium email account, but can not access it except through a proxy

I have had our email account with BT for around 18 years, we signed up to their broadband service in the very early days.

We now pay for the increasingly high cost premium service to retain access to the email.

However for the last 5+ years it has been impossible to access the servers adequately to delete the emails at source and so the number of emails has grown and grown and grown, I use outlook and an iPad to access them.

i have repeatedly tried to resolve the issue of deleting them off the BT server with BT and have never gotten anywhere.

When I try and access them to do this, the BT login just freezes and I cannot search, delete or do anything on the online account.

if it does actually load the emails, just trying to delete, causes it to throw up an error message.

Does anyone have any suggestions, it hasn’t worked since they departed company from Yahoo. I’m thankful it still works at all, but it’s starting to cause major issues in outlook now as every time BT reset anything Outlook re downloads every email.

4625528B-4C51-499E-BE43-E0D100CF9AB3.png940EE9E4-69BA-4135-8C2F-A275F16890BB.png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Premium email account, but can not access it except through a proxy

Oh and if I try and log in during busy times.

i don’t even get so far as the email interface loading once I log in, I left this for 10 minutes before giving up

ED14350E-B5AC-43BD-B212-D38C641EFEDC.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have tried to get help from the phone technical dept, but they either don’t understand the issue, tell me I must be doing something wrong, though I’m not sure what I am doing wrong when I can’t actually really do anything or tell me they will escalate it and someone will get back to me and that’s the last I ever here from anyone.

Have probably called about once a year since it stopped working, but thought I would see if anyone on here could offer any wisdom

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Anyone?

can anyone even suggest someone who might be able to help, the right department even?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Kathyeking,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you're having so many problems with your premium mail account. Have you spoken with the premium mail team on 0808 100 6778? They should be able to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings