cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge ca

@kevinshepherd wrote:

@paddy: I guess you have a way to get their attention?

Just so that you are aware. PaddyB is a moderator of the forum and is BT employee who intervenes and takes on problems that can not be resolved by forum members.

If you have not already replied to his post I would suggest that you should as he will take ownership and will either resolve it or forward the problem to the relevant team and it will give you one point of contact until the problem is concluded.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge ca

Thanks,  I didn't know this. That's very reassuring...

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Good morning @kevinshepherd,

I would like you to know that we have your message in our queue. One of my team, the moderators, will pick it up over either later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Hi Daniel,

So far nothing, just had my daily call with BT premium mail and the last bridge case is due to resolve at 17:43 this afternoon -  precisely 72h after the Cardiff complaints team opened it. 

My guess (based on past week) is that they will get to 72h (is that their SLA?) and just close the case rather than have their KPIs affected.

Let's hope I'm wrong, and I can post some good news here...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

There is no point in talking to the Premium mail team now the mods are on the case.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

Thanks - noted.

Hopefully the chap in the Cardiff complaints centre hasn't seen that the mod has stepped in and therefore decided not to follow up from their end. I was disappointed to not have received any contact from him or his 'email guru' today. They seemed so sincere - but as said most of the 15 BT names I have on my list now promise to follow up but never do unfortunately...

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Good news ! They didn't close the Bridge case again without resolving the issue. Bad news, the issue is still not resolved and now has no fix-date.

At this point I start to think the issue isn't security at all, but that the mailboxes are orphaned, possibly even lost. I had this situation on one of my Exchange servers in the past.  In theory it's just a case of re-linking then to the accounts - but the offshore team seem to not have even picked this up yet...

Whatever it is, it's got BT stumped for 9 days now, and no feedback from the mods for a while now 😞 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Evening,

So today I was called by one of the BT Mods - which was a first so thanks for that.

The tech team thought they'd spotted the error - there was still a bar on the e-mail accounts. Was asked to try logging in again but still no joy as tomorrow starts day 10 of this saga...

BUT

The loop is different now,  instead of going straight back to the login page I now get a message after successful login :

"You are not currently logged in to e-mail - click here to login" in a nice red box. Click the link and we're back to the usual loop.

They did  force a password reset in the meantime. But all we have now is an extended loop.  

I just wonder how these two BTid and email passwords are related. Can they be different?

When I was forced to do the password reset it asked which one I wanted to change - I just selected email - but it went ahead and changed the BTid password too.

What a mess...

I have even offered to go back to premium mail but seems that this is not even an option now (there goes my conspiracy theory) ....

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Oh joy - now they've messed up the two new accounts that were working (albeit not SMTP - but using webmail or the BT mail app).

Do you happen to know if the moderators have a shared mailbox? I've got three threads from different mods but I'm not sure id when they are off-shift/sick/holiday - someone is getting the messages anyway?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Eureka, they have fixed 2 of the 5 most critical mailboxes. Thanks to David for his support in getting us this far. Whatever they did the mailboxes started to work properly (also the outbound SMTP issue seems solved).

@DanielS  - would you be able to take over in getting the other 3 mailboxes that I've just PMd to you?

Thanks in advance.  10 days later we are getting somewhere...

0 Ratings