cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge ca

Hey @kevinshepherd,

Dave spoke with me this morning about your first two emails and we got them working. I've checked all of the other 3 and they are right on BT's side. We just need to get the developers to fix it on their server side. Once that's done, I'll be in touch to let you know what's happening. It will most likely be tomorrow before I hear back from them.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge ca

Thanks Dave,

Looks as though we are back in business  🙂

Would be nice to have a root cause analysis just for the record. If not, here also via PM. I am really curious to know what was to blame for all this suffering...

Will test all properly tonight and mark post as resolved .

Cheers, Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

Good morning @kevinshepherd,

I'm happy to see that everything is up and running again.

When I went over this, I saw that your emails were indeed in a protected state. This happens when we think your account has been compromised. This can be triggered by the wrong password being input on one of your email addresses, multiple times. When your emails are being taken out of that protected state, you should be the one changing the password online through our normal log in page. If we attempted to lift you from that protected state, your email will show as being active on our end but it will not actually have been corrected with our developers. Basically, you get access to our website but the mailbox isn't linked. This constant loop is our website trying to establish a connection to the mailbox.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge...

Hi Kevin,

I tried calling, sorry I missed you. It's just a quick call to check ow things are at your side. Can you get back to me and let me know if it's sorted and if you're happy to close things off?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Re: Premium email accounts all blocked since imported to broadband account - 1wk later - 3 bridge...

Hi David, all,

Apologies for dropping offline whilst travelling.

All seems to be working now, though I may been to reapply my junk settings as I seem to be receiving a huge amount of spam since the import.

Would be nice to see if BT if offer any kind of explanation or compensation for the huge amount of stress and work created by this mess. 

That said, I really must thank you and all the moderators for stepping in and taking me out of the endless circle of frustration I was in with the standard BT customer services. Let's hope not to have to deal with them again in the near future.

Thanks again, and all the best,   Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

"This happens when we think your account has been compromised" - I regularly get this from BT and by now have got the hang of resetting my mail passwords ... it is a pain though, and I'd love to know how the algorithm which decides one of my addresses has been compromised makes that decision ...
I use a VPN and this has interesting effects - as in sometimes images in a mail don't down load until I switch it off; but that's not down to BT (afaik).
0 Ratings