cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Templer
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Primary Email address

I log into MY BT to get to my four email addresses today, however when going through the steps on clicking the Go TO Inbox Icon my listed Primary address is not there. The other three are and all send and receive emails, the help says change the password but, you cannot change the Primary. The help also says any security issue raises a Help menu box advising you of a problem/suspension, this has not appeared on my address page. My other concern connected or not, is when I open My Settings a huge box opens refering to a security upgrade and asks me to enter all my personnal details from BT account number to date of birth etc.,with the final question titled "for your security" enter your password. As BT supply my landline, mobile and broadband why am I being asked for this infomation never mind the password. I used the online chat but, again I am asked for all sorts of information; even though I am logged in and have already given my name and my Bt mobile number. They did not ring me to reassure me they were the genuine BT Help, which does nothing more than make me think my email has been hacked. A phone number would be good start, I cannot find anything on BT other than the online chat, all the pages loop back to the same help page and chat including" the contact us" icon  on the complaints page that suggets you see a phone number! Some assistance to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Primary Email address

Hi @Templer and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your email account. If you're unhappy with the online help I'll be happy to step in for you. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Primary Email address

Hi @Templer,

Thanks for sending over the email. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Can you confirm if you're able to log into each email separately? Are you able to access and use the emails in question?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings