cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowdoc
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Primary email account deleted - was in use for BT Cloud

A cry for help: I was using my primary BT email account for my BT Cloud, but it has been deleted presumably as I did not use it for email.

Is there any way to either reactivate the email address, or re-associate the cloud account which I can currently not access, to another sub address?

In addition, how am I supposed to manage email accounts if I can no longer login using the primary one?

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Primary email account deleted - was in use for BT Cloud

@rowdocwrote:

A cry for help: I was using my primary BT email account for my BT Cloud, but it has been deleted presumably as I did not use it for email.

Is there any way to either reactivate the email address, or re-associate the cloud account which I can currently not access, to another sub address?

In addition, how am I supposed to manage email accounts if I can no longer login using the primary one?

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Hi, welcome to the forums.

If an email address has not been used for 90 days, then an extra 60 days for reactivation - i.e. more than 150 days, it can be deleted.

Not sure about the BTCloud problem, but as the BTID is not an email address - just that the ID might be the same characters as an email address, manage the emails accounts should be fine :-

https://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement?view=email

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

as was posted in previous post it is part of T&C that if email not used for 120 days it is deleted  if that has happened then there is no way back

do you know when you last accessed your email  if between 90 and 120 then you could still be lucky and get it back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@rowdocwrote:

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

Hi again.

What happens when you try to login to BTCloud :-

https://btcloud.bt.com

it asks for your BTID (even if it is the same characters as the email address).

rowdoc
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the delay in acknowledging your response.

I think I've been a bit stupid, as I have now found the right part of the email management to allow me to see the email addresses associated with the account. The main beef is BT Cloud, which had only just set up and spent some time copying files – all of which now I appear not able to access.
I'm pretty certain it's more than 120 days since I accessed the email, so I think my quest is at an end. I wonder what happens to the stranded data on the cloud though?

Again – thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!

0 Ratings
rowdoc
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you Reverend: it has been more than 120 days for sure, so barring divine intervention I suspect it's game over.

Thank you very much for your response though.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@rowdocwrote:

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the delay in acknowledging your response.

I think I've been a bit stupid, as I have now found the right part of the email management to allow me to see the email addresses associated with the account. The main beef is BT Cloud, which had only just set up and spent some time copying files – all of which now I appear not able to access.
I'm pretty certain it's more than 120 days since I accessed the email, so I think my quest is at an end. I wonder what happens to the stranded data on the cloud though?

Again – thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!

Hi again. Note it's actually an initial 90 days, then 60 days to reinstate - giving 150 in total before deletion.

I assume you can't login to BTCloud via the link I gave.

AFAIK, BTCloud is effectively separate from the email address, it was initially associated with the primary years ago.

I believe a moderator is required to see if there is any way of getting into the BTCloud system.

0 Ratings