cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kendo50
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Primary email supposed to have been deleted but still shows it exists in manage mail

Go to solution

An earlier post i submitted  https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Primary-email-has-been-deleted/m-p/1679271#M47602 now marked as solved regarding my primary email being delted by BT. When i spoke to the moderator on the phone who did also sort the broadband speed problem , he said because it's been deleted they can't do anything about it, told me i'd just have to create a new mail account if i want keep using BTMail. I explained to him that i wasn't able to create a new one cos the manage email option was'nt available. He asked if my primary id had been verified, which at that time wasn't, so he told me i'll need to do that to be able to access the mamage mail option. I have since verified the Primary ID and can now access the manage option, and iv'e even created a new email address sucessfully, and it says i have used 4 of my available 11 email addreeses and supposed primary email is still listed there, but when i sign in it opens BTmail webmail window up and says "error no inbox associated with this account", so if it's supposed to have been deleted, why is it still listed in the manage section?. Ive even tried to log in with BT-Yahoo of which two of my other mail addresses use and are ok, and it says password incorrect, and logging in with the 2 BTYahoo accounts the account info is still showing the supposed deleted one as primary for the account.. I hope one of you mustard mod guys will be able to sort it out and finally put it to bed or at least explain why it's stil exists and hasn't in fact been deleted when i was told it was!!. P.S i even tried sending an email to it from another account and got no error message back from mailer daemon saying it's failed to be delivered, so it's obviously going somewhere??.. Please help guys!!..

Thanks,

kendo50 (Ian) 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Primary email supposed to have been deleted but still shows it exists in manage mail

Go to solution

Hi @kendo50,

I'll take ownership of this for you.

Log into your BT ID and check to see the email you mentioned. When you scroll down, you will see that it has been deleted. Look for the reactivate button. Press that and let the page load. Come back and let me know if you can get in ok.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
kendo50
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: Primary email supposed to have been deleted but still shows it exists in manage mail

Go to solution
DanielS,
YOU DA MAN!!.
Absolutely gob smacked once again!!. You mods are **bleep** hot. Thank god you guys are here to help us mere mortals out. The email account is back and finally accessible again.. YEE HAAA!!
Before i mark this post as solved, I must mention that there is no edit password to click on in manage emails?, and it's definitely now a BTMail account along with the new mail account i created the other day. The other 2 accounts i have are on BTYahoo so i can change their passwords ok in the BTYahoo webmail window.. am i right in assuming, in order to get the edit password option up, i have to click on associate to BT ID button??. Will this enable edit password button to re-appear?..
Once again!! A huge THANK YOU for finally putting this one to bed for me!. Absolute Mustard mate!!.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

You are very welcome @kendo50. I'm happy I got it back for you :smileyvery-happy:

That's exactly right, you need to add it back to that BT ID. You'll then be able to change the password to a new one.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
kendo50
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply gg230340, But as i said in my last post, I don't have a problem with those 2 BTYahoo ones, but cheers anyway!!.

Kendo50
0 Ratings