cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captain666
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Problem combining BT ID and email accounts - Just updated to bt mail on friday from bt yahoo

Go to solution

I received and email on Friday saying I was being moved from BT Yahoo to BT mail next week.  As the email was sent just after 3pm I decided to wait until I got home before checking all my log in details and reseting my bt yahoo password as I'd forgotten it.  When I got home at 11pm I wasn't happy to see that I had an email from BT saying my account had been moved over from BT yahoo to BT Mail already (email at 10:30pm).  First of all what happened to next week, 5 and a half hours between emails isn't enough time.  I wouldn't mind but I did trial the BT Mail service for BT last year

I now have the following issues

When logging in I now get the Set up your BT ID(it did say the first time I logged in there was an option to skip this - not that I could see on the webpage), I get to step 2 link my services and cannot answer the details for my BT Mail password (as I've forgotten this).  I have clicked on the forgotten your password link and it send me to the BT Yahoo password reset page?  I have tried going through this process yesterday and today and created a new password.  I have then left it overnight before using the new password in the BT mail password box but it still won't recognise the password - incorrect password - please try again.  The password is working as I can send and recive emails using the mail.btinternet.com servers using outlook on my pc/tablet and phone

For clarity my issue is being stuck at step 2 of set up of my bt id with the page not recognising my bt mail password!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
captain666
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem combining BT ID and email accounts - Just updated to bt mail on friday from bt yahoo

Go to solution

now eventually working

@captain666 wrote:

I received and email on Friday saying I was being moved from BT Yahoo to BT mail next week.  As the email was sent just after 3pm I decided to wait until I got home before checking all my log in details and reseting my bt yahoo password as I'd forgotten it.  When I got home at 11pm I wasn't happy to see that I had an email from BT saying my account had been moved over from BT yahoo to BT Mail already (email at 10:30pm).  First of all what happened to next week, 5 and a half hours between emails isn't enough time.  I wouldn't mind but I did trial the BT Mail service for BT last year

I now have the following issues

When logging in I now get the Set up your BT ID(it did say the first time I logged in there was an option to skip this - not that I could see on the webpage), I get to step 2 link my services and cannot answer the details for my BT Mail password (as I've forgotten this).  I have clicked on the forgotten your password link and it send me to the BT Yahoo password reset page?  I have tried going through this process yesterday and today and created a new password.  I have then left it overnight before using the new password in the BT mail password box but it still won't recognise the password - incorrect password - please try again.  The password is working as I can send and recive emails using the mail.btinternet.com servers using outlook on my pc/tablet and phone

For clarity my issue is being stuck at step 2 of set up of my bt id with the page not recognising my bt mail password!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Craig

0 Ratings