Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 1 of 25

Problem composing email in Yahoo Mail

Hi,

I have an intermittent problem of not being able to compose, reply and forward email at times.

When this happens the option to sign out is not available either.

Does anyone know how to fix this please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 25

Re: Problem composing email in Yahoo Mail

There's something similar ongoing here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
dfenceman
Expert
Message 3 of 25

Hi pottyperson,

Thanks for the link, the problems are a degree similar.

I've copied my question over there and also posted my question.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

It might be best to have your own thread on this problem so that we know what you have done etc. Meanwhile what device are you using pc/mac/ipad/tablet/android/ios and what browser are you using. How intermittent is it happening? Have you tried any of the things already mentioned in other thread? I think to avoid confusion all future Q and A should be on this thread.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 5 of 25

Hi gg,

This is my own thread.  As I think I said in my OP I have tried the things suggested on Yahoo help but they did not work.

I am using a PC runing IE8.  It's OK when I first go in but fails to let me compose, reply or forward after a variable amount of time/use on ~80% visits, not every time.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

What Windows operating system are you using? Are all the Windows updates done?  Is there any reason why you have not updated to IE9?  A good place to start is to delete all the browsing history and temp files on your system. You can download and use CCleaner for this. It can be found at this link. (It’s the box on the top right corner).

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner

Once downloaded accept all the recommended settings and then run it to clear all the temp files etc.

Once you have done that try your email and report back and we’ll take it from there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dfenceman
Expert
Message 7 of 25

Hi gg,

Windows 7.  All windows updates are installed to the best of my knowledge.  I updated to IE9 quite some time ago but did not like it so I reverted to IE8. Maybe I should take another look at it.  Browsing history and temp files are deleted every other day.  When the problem first reared it's head clearing the temp files and passowords etc was the first thing I kept trying.  Sometimes rebooting the computer works, other times it does not.

Email this morning was working fine.  I've been in and out of it several times with no problem.  However, I have not composed, replied to or forwarded as many today as I do on a weekday.  I'll post back if the problem recurrs.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 8 of 25

Hi gg,

I logged into email and there was no problem earlier.  I've just gone back into it and although the compose button opens a new message and I can insert recipients from my address book I cannot type in the subject or the body of the email.  Reply and forward are also not working.  The "sign out" option is also not there. 

Any ideas please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

Do you have any problems with other web pages. It might be that IE8 has become corrupted. Have you tried another browser such as Firefox or update to IE9 to see if the problem is with the browser.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

Another thing you might want to consider is an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird. This would do away with the need to use web mail.
0 Ratings