Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfenceman
Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Problem composing email in Yahoo Mail

@gg30340 wrote:
Do you have any problems with other web pages. It might be that IE8 has become corrupted. Have you tried another browser such as Firefox or update to IE9 to see if the problem is with the browser.

Hi gg,

Many thanks for all your suggestions and I don't want you to think they are not valued.

However, I don't have any problem with other web pages.

My wife does not have any problem with her yahoo mail on the same pc.

I have not tried any other browser as yet.

If I continue to have the problem I will try Google Chrome as that is already loaded.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

Do you and your wife have seperate Windows  accounts or do you both use the same Windows account? If you are both using the same account and same browser and the only thing different is that she logs onto her own email account then somehow your account has been corrupted. If however if you both log on to Windows with different accounts then it may be that your Windows account has become corrupted. If that is the case then I would either upgrade to IE9 or try a reinstall of IE8. Other than that I am out of ideas, sorry.

dfenceman
Expert
Message 13 of 25

Hi gg,

Thanks again for a very pompt answer.  We are both using exactly the same machine, Windows account etc.  The only difference being our email addresses.  That is what makes it so weird.

I've been in and out of my email several times this morning with no problem so far.

Although it is a pain in the backside I think I am going to set up a new email address.

Thanks for all your time and efforts.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 14 of 25

Hi gg,

Not long after typing my last message my email went down again.

I have now set up a new email address and am ploughing through canging everything over, a ****** nightmare.

I have had to go back to the old address a few times and it still keeps falling over sometimes.

Thanks again

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

I'm sorry to hear that the problem has not been fixed. It is a strange one. I think it must be something to do with your email profile or something similar. Since it only effects your email and not your wifes it I don't think it can be anything to do with either Windows or your browser.

Hopefully your new email address will be problem free once you have gone through the pain of setting it up.

Guru
Guru
Message 16 of 25

Hi dfenceman,

Sorry to hear your having some new problems with your Yahoo mail.

Is the email account associated with your BT account ie a BT Yahoo email address that ends with either @btinternet.com or @btopenworld.com

or is it a Yahoo email account that ends with an email address like @yahoo.com, @yahoo.co.uk, @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com

Are you still using the new Yahoo webmail (that currently seems BT Yahoo email accounts haven't migrated to yet)?

There have been some strange things going on with the BT Yahoo webmail though not sure it would have effected a normal Yahoo mail.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
dfenceman
Expert
Message 17 of 25

Hi gg30340,

I hit a snag with my new email address as it blocked me for a while on Monday as I had sent so many emails to so many people.  I think I am over the worst now with most of the imprtant contacts notified.

Thanks again for your help

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 18 of 25

Hi jac_95,

It was just my @yahoo.co.uk that was a problem.  My wife's @yahoo.co.uk and my @btinternet.com account have not been affected so far - FINGERS CROSSED !

I don't think there was any choice, the @yahoo.co.uk account just changed format/layout of its own accord, it was not chosen by me, so yes I am still using it.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

There seems to be a lot going on just now with the BTYahoo mail. If you check out some of the recent threads you will get a feel for the problem. Hopefully you are sorted out now.

dfenceman
Expert
Message 20 of 25

Hi gg,

Yes, I saw some of the threads yesterday evening after I posted on this one.  Most seemed to focus on the display/layout change. 

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings