cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Problem forwaring message to BT internet email address

I use a Mr Site website and want any email enquiries sent to its email address (ie info@xxxxxxxx.co.uk) to my bt internet mail address.  It has been working fine for years but recently stopped.  The website adminstrators (Mr Site) have checked and can see no problem at their end.  BT say it isn't a BT issue.  However, to test this I have just changed the forwarding instructions from the website to another email addres (a gmail account) and the forwarding works fine. 

I then tried to forward email from the gmail account to my BT account and this doesn't work.  I can see that the emails have been sent but they are not arriving at my BT mail account.

So, the problem must be with BT.  I have no barred email addresses in my settings so it's not that.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I can't face another long and hopeless conversation with the call centre.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem forwaring message to BT internet email address

@Redbedlington wrote:

I use a Mr Site website and want any email enquiries sent to its email address (ie info@xxxxxxxx.co.uk) to my bt internet mail address.  It has been working fine for years but recently stopped.  The website adminstrators (Mr Site) have checked and can see no problem at their end.  BT say it isn't a BT issue.  However, to test this I have just changed the forwarding instructions from the website to another email addres (a gmail account) and the forwarding works fine. 

I then tried to forward email from the gmail account to my BT account and this doesn't work.  I can see that the emails have been sent but they are not arriving at my BT mail account.

So, the problem must be with BT.  I have no barred email addresses in my settings so it's not that.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I can't face another long and hopeless conversation with the call centre.

Hi.

Yes, this is a BTinternet problem, whatever BT have told you they are totally wrong.

I used to do this, but it stopped working properly about 6 months ago for me. It's almost certainly to do with internal hand offs and huge mismanagement of the email system.

As you have seen, it works with Gmail, so unless you have a really specific need to forward to BTinternet, stick with the Gmail forwarding.

0 Ratings