cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NettieK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Problem opening new emails on my PC

Over the last couple of days I have been receiving incoming mail to my BT Yahoo mailbox but it will not open instantly when I click on it, as it has done in the past.  What seems to happen is that I have to leave it for a few minutes OR if another new message comes into my box THEN I can open the previous one.  I've just updated my Kaspersky internet protection this week but surely if there was a problem with a setting there then I would never manage to open the incoming emails at all.

I did call BT Technical Help this morning and the person I spoke to sent me a couple of test emails, which did not open initially.  He 'screen shared' with me and after a few moments the emails opened.  He didn't seem to be able to offer any solution and said if the problem continued to call back! 

Incidentally, the programme he sent to my PC which enabled him to screen share is still on my computer - should I delete it?

Hopefully someone will have had a similar problem and can offer some much needed advice.  MANY THANKS!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem opening new emails on my PC

If you are getting a blank screen when you try and open your mail, using web mail, there are 3 things to try:-

Open in a new tab, usually works,

If IE use compatibility settings, sometimes works.

Use a different browser if currently using IE, usually works.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

NettieK wrote:

Incidentally, the programme he sent to my PC which enabled him to screen share is still on my computer - should I delete it?

Yes, just close/ delete it.

NettieK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for your reply - I will certainly try what you've suggested although I wonder why I should be having this problem - it has never happened to me before and I've been with BT for the past 18 months.

0 Ratings
NettieK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Guru.  Should I deinstall the programme to you think?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Normally they open a remote session on your computer and when finished you just close the box that they used however if they did install something then I would uninstall it. 

0 Ratings