Backed up all emails into one folder and just mine into a separate folder.
Changed password on BT, deleted and re-created new WLM account for myself. Saw my new emails in the BT server but they did not download, until.....i closed the web server, re-opened it, clicked on send/receive on my (new) WLM account whence the new ones downloaded. Went to send an email which sat in my outbox until I closed/reopened the BT server.
In other words, the problem is exactly as it was yesterday.
Incidentally I ran the Windows Live Essential repair program a few days ago, to no avail.
Repost (from 2 posts earlier):
"The OP has maked this thread as SOLVED - by upgrading to WLM 2012, and switching to IMAP."
Thanks for your comment dilosec, but I am hoping for a further response from Sage. I don't want a workaround using IMAP as my problem, as described, does seem different.
In the properties of your account on WLM did you ensure that you have ticked the box "include this account when receiving mail etc"
If you have re-set up the email account and all settings are as previously listed and the problem is still there the only other thing I can offer is that there is some form of corruption with your BT email account.
It could be WLM based but I have my doubts because the other accounts work OK with it. You could if you feel able, try un-installing WLM from your computer and after restarting the computer, re-install WLM and set up the accounts again using the settings that were previously posted. If you do decide to do that remember to backup and save a copy of all your email folders for all the accounts.
Alternatively you could download and install Thunderbird email client and set your email account up in that. It is pretty similar to WLM. This would at least let you see if it is a WLM problem or a problem with your BT account.
Depending on how you get on with the above it may be necessary to have the moderators have a look at your BT account but try the above first unless somebody else can make some other suggestions.
Thanks for your response, gg.
I have just downloaded and set up Thunderbird. There appeared to be a problem checking my username and password, but I did seem to get into the mail program.
However, it would not receive incoming messages - and I deliberately kept one on the server - until, surprise, surprise, it asked me to log into my BT account. So, I closed the latter down, logged in and guess what...the message came through on Thunderbird.
I conclude, therefore, that there is a BT problem as the same issue exists with WLM and TB.
You mentioned that BT Moderator could look at my account....how do I get that to happen?
Many thanks, again, for your interest and help.
The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.
Thanks for your post.
Can you send me over your details and I will be in touch. Click on my username and under the "about me" section you will the link to get in touch with us. Whenever we receive your details we will go from there.
After several passwrod changes the problem seems to have gone away. However, I amstill keeping the email sent by the BT technical expert in case the issue arises again.