cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Problem with btinternet addresses not receiving mail from my website address

Go to solution

I have recently added my website email to my ipad using IMAP Secure protocol. Normally i have used Pop on other devices and everything has been working fine. 

However when testing sending & receiving with my btinternet addresses i have found a problem i just can not seem to fix.

1.Via ipad (IMAP) receiving emails to my website address from btinternet addresses works fine.

2. Via ipad (IMAP) Sending to my btinternet address from website address works fine but emails Do Not arrive at btinternet addresses.

To check this is not localised to my own btinternet addresses I have tested to friends btinternet addresses and emails still do not arrive.

The emails do not bounce.

Nor do they appear in junk/spam folder

Emails from my website email via POP & Webmail mail arrive.

Emails from my website email to other non btinternet addresses arrive.

I want to use IMAP when i set up my email client on my desktop but if mail is not going to reach any btinternet addresses at all I will only beable to use POP which isn't ideal.

So if anyone has any ideas please send them on. My website hosting company is also looking into this but to be honest if mail is arriving went sent via Webmail and POP surely it should through IMAP?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem with btinternet addresses not receiving mail from my website address

Go to solution

Update.. My hosting provider came back to me and provided me with help to add a custom area in my DNS server they thought may resolve the problem. They were right all working tickety boo now.

0 Ratings