cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problem with email login on Apple device

Go to solution

Hi, I need help, my phone did a software update at the beginning of the week and now every time I open my Yahoo email app I have to login through the internet. It wont stay logged in as before. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing, adding account in the phones settings but it wont let me . Any ideas to fix this would be great. Many thanks Claudine  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with email login on Apple device

Go to solution

Yes I have the same problem with both my iPhone and iPad.

I also had it on my iMac but managed to sort that by deleting the and then re-installing the e-mail service provide (Yahoo) account details.

But that doesn't seem to work on the mobile devices.

Look forward to some helpful advice from someone more tech savvy out there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@claudine  The Yahoo mail app will not work with BTYahoo mail, you will need to use a different app see

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your help. I changed my email password, waited an hour and then downloaded a new email app called Blue mail, it was easy to set up and worked straight away x 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the tip. I have just done the same (i.e. switched to Blue Mail) on your recommendation on my i phone and it appears to work fine.

Suppose I will need to do the same on my iPad - but it seems a bit daft when both will now have a redundant "mail" icon at the bottom of the home screens.

And also because I somehow got it to reconfigure through the "mail" icon on my iMac.

Not sure who is responsible for this chaos - but why would BT make themselves incompatible with Yahoo????

Thanks again

Dave

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You can not use Yahoo servers to access BT email because they are two different companies just like you can not use any other companies email servers to access another companies email service.

As regards your redundant email icon..delete it or move it off your your home screen.

EDIT: It is only the Yahoo email app that no longer works with BT email. If you did not use the Yahoo app you could continue to use the email app that came with your Apple devices.

All you needed to do was to change the server settings to the BT ones.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/updating-your-bt-email-settings

0 Ratings