cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Problem with suspected junk email when using Outlook 365

Go to solution

Hi

For 3 months now I have not been receiving any junk email, suspect junk or spam email into my Outlook 365 app.  Whilst nice in many aspects, I have missed some important redirected emails.  They are there in a 'Spam' folder when viewing by webmail but as there is no spam folder in my Outlook app and no 'Suspect junk 'or 'Junk' folder in the BT webmail folders, things are getting lost.

Microsoft say that it is a mail provider problem but...

Any solution?  I use several email addresses and it is helpful to collate them all under the Outlook app.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem with suspected junk email when using Outlook 365

Go to solution

If your app is configured as IMAP, you can map any folder that is in webmail on your device.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks. 
Back to Microsoft to see if the account can be reconfigured from POP to IMAP without deleting it and potentially losing the history. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You can not change from using IMAP to POP3 or vice versa. They are two different protocols. You will need to set up the email account to use the new protocol.

Before doing anything you should ensure that all your emails are still on the BT server by logging onto your BT email using a browser. If they are all still there you can just set up an IMAP account and the folders will synchronise on Outlook and BT after which you can delete the POP3 account.

If you want to include your POP3 folders and or if the emails are not on the server it gets a bit more complicated.

This link may help you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/change-from-pop-to-imap-wo-losing-personal-fo...

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

That's really helpful, especially the link.  I've managed to set up a new btinternet IMAP account and keep the old POP account data available for reference.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings