cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caravanlady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Problems accessing Outlook

Have been having problems acccessing Outlook for the last couple of days.   I can of course, retrieve emails etc., via BTYahoo but prefer Outlook, much more user friendly!   Every time I try to connect to my modem in order to connect to Outlook I keep getting this notice "Error 651.  The modem has reported an error" .   It seems that the problem I have is with the Broadband connection,   Anyone got any ideas and can help me.   Many thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problems accessing Outlook

@caravanladywrote:

Have been having problems acccessing Outlook for the last couple of days.   I can of course, retrieve emails etc., via BTYahoo but prefer Outlook, much more user friendly!   Every time I try to connect to my modem in order to connect to Outlook I keep getting this notice "Error 651.  The modem has reported an error" .   It seems that the problem I have is with the Broadband connection,   Anyone got any ideas and can help me.   Many thanks

Hi.

Firstly, don't change any settings or passwords.

How do you mean when you try to connect to the modem?

What device are you using with Outlook, is it a laptop or the Outlook app on a smart device?

The error is quite a strange one, but would usually happen as a general case, not with a specific client.

0 Ratings
caravanlady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Sign in for broadband

Can anyone tell me where I can find the user name and password to sign in for broadband as I feel this is the problem I am having being unable to access my Outlook.    Am getting a bit desparate about this problem.  Many thanks

0 Ratings
caravanlady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi Andy

I havent altered any passwords.    My modem is working ok as I can access the Web.   I am using Outlook on my PC, must admit it is Office 2003 but has been working fine up until now.    What I think is the problem is when I need to sign in for Broadband, must admit I have forgotten my user name and password, where can these be found?

Thank you for replying so promptly.  

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Re: Sign in for broadband

if you are using a hub it will setup automatically  if 3rd party router

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

password if needed BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@caravanladywrote:

Hi Andy

I havent altered any passwords.    My modem is working ok as I can access the Web.   I am using Outlook on my PC, must admit it is Office 2003 but has been working fine up until now.    What I think is the problem is when I need to sign in for Broadband, must admit I have forgotten my user name and password, where can these be found?

Thank you for replying so promptly.  

Seems strange you need to "sign in for Broadband". There is usually nothing to do - it's just on!

The access for BTBroadband is generic, and is :-

name : anything@btbroadband.com

password : anything

where anything can be anything (well perhaps not blank).

But as you can access the web, then you will already be logged in!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Can you clarify what you mean when you say "I need to sign in for Broadband".

When you turn on your computer can you surf the Internet without doing anything other than opening a browser? 

0 Ratings
caravanlady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Yes I can surf the internet, and go into my preferred browser, that's not the problem.   The problem is that I cannot access my emails via Outlook.   I can of course, access them via BTYahoo, but i don't find that site very user friendly

0 Ratings
caravanlady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

When I try and send or receive a message i get message at the bottom of page saying "send & receive error, click here"  when I click another box comes up at the top of the page informing me basically that it is unable to find e-mail server

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

@caravanlady wrote:

Yes I can surf the internet, and go into my preferred browser, that's not the problem.   The problem is that I cannot access my emails via Outlook.   I can of course, access them via BTYahoo, but i don't find that site very user friendly

If that is the case it has nothing to do with you having to sign into Broadband despite what any error message that Outlook may be throwing up.

0 Ratings