Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 461 of 582

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

Working again (not sure how long it was down for).

0 Ratings
edwardblack
Aspiring Expert
Message 462 of 582

@Noelectwrote:

So the do nothing stagegy worked, and proves once again that these problems are all down to BT.

Cheers Noel 

Sadly the do nothing strategy appears to be the only solution. A week does not go by without my losing access to email through any email client for several hours. I have just learned to wait ands do nothing because any other route just wastes time and emotional energy. It is just both regrettable and incomprehensible that a problem that occurs so regularly and is so widespread does not get addressed. Disgraceful really.
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 463 of 582

Emails down for me now - I think they've been down for the last 18 hours or so.

0 Ratings
shadders
Contributor
Message 464 of 582

Hi,

Yes - it is intermittent - has been ok for me the past 3 weeks at least, but received e-mails are getting rejected randomly. Only the only you know is when they write to you via letter.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 465 of 582

HI

I suppose we have to be thankful it starts working again.  It's become 'flakey' sometimes off for seconds, sometimes for a few hours, I should be keeping a log, but forget to do so.

A very optimistic person might be tempted to think the interruptions are down to the upgrades, I was informed were going to take place, a cynic however might not!!

Cheers Noel

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 466 of 582

Re: BT Email not connecting randomly

Emails just resumed after, say, 26 hours of not working.

0 Ratings
BoardRoom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 467 of 582

Its now been a week since I was last able to get IMAP access via Thunderbird on my PC.

Web mail access is better than no mail acess but its so limited compared to email client software.

However I can get IMAP access via iPad/iPhone.

Ive tried all the usual logging in/out via various browsers but it hasnt fixed the IMAP issue on my PC.

Such an appalling flaky service from BT!

B R

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 468 of 582

@BoardRoomwrote:

Its now been a week since I was last able to get IMAP access via Thunderbird on my PC.

Web mail access is better than no mail acess but its so limited compared to email client software.

However I can get IMAP access via iPad/iPhone.

Ive tried all the usual logging in/out via various browsers but it hasnt fixed the IMAP issue on my PC.

Such an appalling flaky service from BT!

B R

If I may ...

As you can get access via iPad/iPhone, as well as webmail - then this can't be an issue with your account, or indeed BT in this case.

There has to be something interferring with your TB access - e.g. a security program or something along those lines.

0 Ratings
BoardRoom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 469 of 582

Thanks for replying Andy.

What a sweet irony that soon after posting my complaint that I then have IMAP access on my PC.

My security suite does not integrate with the email sofware I use (Thunderbird and eM Client) to access my BT acounts.

However its a good suggestion and next time I have a problem I will turn off all the security components to see if it makes any difference.

If I may... could you offer any explanation how, without any changes in the settings at my end, IMAP access is fine for a period and then suddenly not working for a period. Where "period" can be hours, days or weeks.

Cheers.

B R

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 470 of 582

Quite simply because the BT email systems are very flaky.