Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 471 of 582

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

@licquorice wrote:

Quite simply because the BT email systems are very flaky.

To be fair, it is mainly BTYahoo that is very flacky. BTMail generally does not suffer from the same issues as BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 472 of 582

Don't hold your breath waiting for a good explanation of how BT lets us download emails for so long and then stops downloads when nothing has changed at the user's end. 

Jasco
Contributor
Message 473 of 582

Mine has been up and down for the last couple of weeks, it's really getting tiresome now.

0 Ratings
Jasco
Contributor
Message 474 of 582

...and about the BtYahoo / BTMail thing - I received a message from BT years ago telling me my email was moving from BT Yahoo to BT Mail - and it never happened.

0 Ratings
stewartv
Contributor
Message 475 of 582

...and about the BtYahoo / BTMail thing - I received a message from BT years ago telling me my email was moving from BT Yahoo to BT Mail - and it never happened.

+1

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 476 of 582

@stewartv wrote:

+1

As has been explained many times on the forum and indeed even in this thread, the migration from BTYahoo to BTMail was stopped many years ago and it is NOT going to restart.

0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 477 of 582

Hi

Yesterday I started getting phone calls informing me that emails sent using other telcos, to my ******@btinternet.com address were being rejected by BT.  No prizes for guessing that it all started working again, all by itself, 40 minutes later.  BT 🤔 nothing to do with us mate!

It appears that not only are they incapable of providing a reliable connection, they are now rejecting email intended for us.

Cheers Noel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 478 of 582

Consider yourself lucky that the sender gets a message about emails to you being rejected.

Many of our order and enquiry forms never reach us at all and the sender doesn't know. If it were not for a backup email address that we also use to send duplicate orders and enquiries to, we would lose a ton of business.

0 Ratings
lesgilpin
Beginner
Message 479 of 582

I've been told they have 'moved' me to BT Mail but the logo still appears as BT Yahoo. In the process I lost all my access to Yahoo Groups including my moderator access to groups. And no they didnt tell me any of this in advance and I;ve no idea when it occurred!.

0 Ratings
lesgilpin
Beginner
Message 480 of 582

Perhaps a new questioon but on this topic. My other half hasnt received any email via his mobile / Gmail app since early June. Chat help suggested deleting and adding the account again. Wow - when setting up a POP3 or a IMAP account we get 'unable to communicate' errors on setting up the inbound part. Right, I thought, try setting up his account on my mobile / Gmail - we have identical phones and gmail app. Same issue

Contacted BT on the phone helpline - effectively b-r off we will only help you access via BT.Com. If you use any other method we won't help you. Do they think people do that except when email isnt working via other means? I know for a fact they test email via the popular apps and macmail and outlook everytime they do a change.

Anyhow, any suggestions (apart from moving totally to gmail)

0 Ratings