cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 521 of 582

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

Issues are now resolved on mobile device and Windows Mail for whatever reason i cannot get Outlook 365 latest version, to grab the BTinternet account using IMAP setttings.  Just tried this morning at 930am.

Imap Settings Used 

993 In

465 Out also tried 995 still didnt working.

mail.btinternet.com

Same as what windows mail is using.

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 522 of 582

Right now, BT is up to its old tricks, in fact worse then ever.

No emails are downloadable, not even viewable via webmail. The message is

Unknown Host

Description: Unable to locate the server requested --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.

Or, if you can get to the login screen, it admits that they are having problems and are working on it.

Today is Thursday 5th Sept.. Two days ago it was not possible to download emails for the full day (but webmail was available).

In recent weeks, it started to get difficult to actually send emails from my email client. This was fixed by changing "Secure Sockets When Sending" to "Never". Previously the setting was "If available STARTTLS" (I'm not sure whether it might have been "Required STARTTLS". I now have it set to "Never" but have no idea whether I am risking security with that setting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 523 of 582

There is an on going world wide Yahoo problem at the moment.

Do an Internet search for further information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 524 of 582

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 525 of 582

I've just managed to get into webmail but still can't access emails via Thunderbird.

0 Ratings
jo_online
Contributor
Message 526 of 582

Like everyone else I was affected by the Yahoo mail outage yesterday, but by last night all was working again including mail being downloaded to my POP3 mail client on my desktop (Thunderbird). 

Get up at 6am this morning and now POP3 isn't working.  Webmail is available but not downloading to my desktop client.   What the hell happened while we were sleeping?!  Webmail is so cumbersome compared to Thunderbird it drives me insane to use it.   

Edit: 7.30am and my mail has just downloaded to Thunderbird.  Mine is not to reason why!

0 Ratings
edwardblack
Aspiring Expert
Message 527 of 582

YAHOO outage

After the Yahoo! Mail outage things seemed to get back to normal for me  during the course of yesterday afternoon. One glitch that does not seem to have fixed itself is emails sent to me during the outage, yesterday morning. I guess I just have to hope that if I’ve missed anything important the sender will resend it because s/he does not receive a reply. But of course that isn’t going to happen with certain emails which are sending information to me and which do not require a reply. 

Any suggestions ?

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 528 of 582

Re: YAHOO outage

I received some late emails about 5am delayed from the day before.

I was testing emails with a friend also on BT Yahoo and he commented that the time stamps were an hour behind on them when the system started working again.

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 529 of 582

Boom - here we go again.

Monday morning, start of a working week, and I can't get emails down to my email client.

I now have to work via webmail dur to the inability of BT to fix this long standing fault with their system!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 530 of 582

Monday's failures corrected themselves by late morning.

It's now Friday morning and guess what - no emails downloading.

Oh, and they just sent me this month's bill only yesterday. At least the email was working for them to send me a bill.

I learned from a customer that she sent us a form during the major outage period 7/10 days ago which never arrived, not even belatedly. How much other business might we have lost?

0 Ratings