cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 511 of 588

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

@jloviewrote:

Oh well, I knew it was too much to expect.

I'm still using a Yahoo one, the one that I ended up at accessing email from my BT landing page.

What is the rough url you're using?

The actual link (for all accounts) is :-

www.bt.com/email or https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

(or an even longer one, but they all point to the same place).

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 512 of 588

Mine starts

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/

I logged in from the BT main page and bookmarked the page I ended up on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 513 of 588

@jloviewrote:

Mine starts

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/

I logged in from the BT main page and bookmarked the page I ended up on.

That's, therefore, the issue - I've just tried it and got the same message. Chances are users will still end up with a Yahoo looking URL, but that's to be seen of course.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 514 of 588

Using the BT login page as advised on the popup I'm still directed back to a Yahoo URL page.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if I end up locked out of my email if they change something.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 515 of 588

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache,cookies and history?

0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 516 of 588

Hi

This morning the dreaded 'wrong password' and unable to connect messages appeared.  I was busy so left BT to their own devices, a couple of hours later my iPhone informed me I had mail.  I clicked on them, but there was no content, instead something about 'not downloaded' appeared.  Some time later I tried again and the emails were all complete/OK.

Since then [10:45] every incoming email has a duplicate.  No big problem, but it again shows BT haven't a clue what they're doing.

It's not worth doing anything about this, with a bit of luck the BT fairy will put it right in the middle of the night .

Cheers Noel

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 517 of 588

@Noelect wrote:

Hi

This morning the dreaded 'wrong password' and unable to connect messages appeared.  I was busy so left BT to their own devices, a couple of hours later my iPhone informed me I had mail.  I clicked on them, but there was no content, instead something about 'not downloaded' appeared.  Some time later I tried again and the emails were all complete/OK.

Since then [10:45] every incoming email has a duplicate.  No big problem, but it again shows BT haven't a clue what they're doing.

It's not worth doing anything about this, with a bit of luck the BT fairy will put it right in the middle of the night .

Cheers Noel

There were problems with the BT email service today so it is possibly related to that. I would not do anything at this stage.

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 518 of 588

So are we saying problems are related to this server outage or problems with the BT server. Do we know a service update ?

Ive tried updating my password and changing it, tried to change it on my iphone and it says cannot get mail.

Outlook 365 also isnt working and not authenticating.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 519 of 588

I am saying that there were problems with BT email systems today where people could not get logged on and that may have caused your problem in trying to access your email. The problem appears to be fixed now.

If there was a server problem and you changed your password during that time you could be having problems with the new password not syncing with the server.

You could try using the old password and if that doesn't work I would leave it until tomorrow to see if the new password  does eventually sync.

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 520 of 588

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings