cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 91 of 515

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

@raptor449 wrote:

ok finallly there may be light at the end of the tunnel  I got a reply following my email to theiir CEO

I believe we’ve found a data mismatch on one of our background systems which may be causing the problem. We should be able to fix this shortly, and we’ll then need to ask you to do a password reset.

Thsi has now been done

Interesting stuff.

I wonder if that is account specific or more general? I would hope that if it was account specific, then some form of tool would have been used to check for data mismatches to help cure and prevent future issues.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 515

@Andy_N wrote:

@raptor449 wrote:

ok finallly there may be light at the end of the tunnel  I got a reply following my email to theiir CEO

I believe we’ve found a data mismatch on one of our background systems which may be causing the problem. We should be able to fix this shortly, and we’ll then need to ask you to do a password reset.

Thsi has now been done

Interesting stuff.

I wonder if that is account specific or more general? I would hope that if it was account specific, then some form of tool would have been used to check for data mismatches to help cure and prevent future issues.

Given that raptor449 has stated that he is on BTMail and all the other posters are apparently on BTYahoo it may well be that his problem was not the same as the others are reporting.

raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 515

the Mismatch was an issue at BT which they resolved today The outlook issue is known at Microsoft but the link I included gives a good insight
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 94 of 515

@gg30340 wrote:

@Andy_N wrote:

@raptor449 wrote:

Thsi has now been done

Interesting stuff.

Given that raptor449 has stated that he is on BTMail and all the other posters are apparently on BTYahoo it may well be that his problem was not the same as the others are reporting.

Indeed that's right and I was aware of that Smiley Happy - that data mismatch would have been caused by something, and would be quite a nice task for someone to get their teeth into to try to prevent it happening again. Of course, something like a comms/server timing fault might be impossible to pick up.

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 95 of 515

I would hazard a guess that the CEO has fixed Raptor499's problem, whatever it was, with BTMail/Outlook, but the rest of us here still have the BTYahoo POP3/IMAP password-timeout problem.  It just hit me again at 10:15 (and was again fixed by the mail.yahoo.com sign-in trick).

Peter M

0 Ratings
martin788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 515

Very quiet on this subject for a while and I guessed it had been fixed, sadly it would appear not!

For the last 3 days my wife has been getting the timeouts when trying to download her emails using POP3, the first couple of times logging into webmail fixed it but today even that does not work.

My own main account and sub-accounts have been fine for a few weeks, my wife's account is a sub-account of mine.

I am on Premium Mail..

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 97 of 515

Martin788:

When trying to "unlock" your mailbox by signing-in to the BTYahoo webmail page via mail.yahoo.com, make sure you are not ALREADY signed-in.  You may still be signed-in from your last visit unless you left the webmail page by deliberately clicking the "Sign Out" button at the top right.  If you think you are still signed-in, then sign out and in again.  I find that always gets me back into my email.  I haven't been locked-out since 12th December - fingers crossed.

Peter M

0 Ratings
martroe
Beginner
Message 98 of 515

I have had the same problem this week, lasted for a day and then back to normal. Logging in and out of webmail made no difference for me I just had to wait it out.

You are right this subject has been quiet for a while and I have had no issues for weeks and thought they had finally sorted it out, however clearly not!

0 Ratings
martin788
Aspiring Contributor
Message 99 of 515

PeterMartinez:

TY for that tip, I will try it when I can get my wife off her laptop!

No good trying to show her how to do it as I have had problems teaching her to use webmail, she really is not computer friendly and screams at me for help for even the slightest problem....

BT/Yahoo really do need to fix this now my wife is getting the problem, she scares me and I know her Woman Mad

0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 515

Weirdly my phone suddenly stopped receiving BT mail on Thursday having never had any issues.  I tried changing the password and setting up mail again now it times out at the server.  Lap top is working fine and if I change back to the old password it looks like its working but brings back the same deleted email from Thursday and nothing else  I have emailed BT but as usual no response

0 Ratings