cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 515

Re: BT Yahoo POP3/IMAP Problems

I have the same issue. Thought it was sorted as it worked fine yesterday but it's been off for the last 10 hrs. Just been on live chat and asked if BT were aware of this issue. Reply was yes it was being worked on and should be fixed within 48 hrs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 515

That is just their standard response to get rid of the enquiry..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 515

@billyj wrote:

I have the same issue. Thought it was sorted as it worked fine yesterday but it's been off for the last 10 hrs. Just been on live chat and asked if BT were aware of this issue. Reply was yes it was being worked on and should be fixed within 48 hrs.

"We" have heard this so many times, it's completely disingenous and just not true.

It might be "fixed" for a while, or even for individual cases. But keep reading this forum and there will be the same issues popping up time and time again, and this is one of the most common.

Live Chat do not know.

0 Ratings
martroe
Beginner
Message 24 of 515

Absolutely correct.

I have been o.k. for a few days but got the same can't connect to the server issues again this morning.

Interestingly I have tried to send from my webmail this morning and the email didn't arrive at its destination so I think I have a bigger issue than before.

Phone mail is still working fortunately.

I think it is about time I parted company with BT and am going to start looking for an alternative

It isn't so much the fact they have a problem, more the fact they don't acknowledge they have a problem.

Been with BT over a decade now but they don't deserve my custom!

0 Ratings
CullodenMuir
Contributor
Message 25 of 515

Once again BTYahoo POP server fails to connect primary email.

And again it is at a weekend - when presumably Yahoo staff are not working 24/7.

This is not an acceptable service.

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 515

Have you tried going to mail.yahoo directly; log in then log out. I find this works for me. 

0 Ratings
CullodenMuir
Contributor
Message 27 of 515

Tried that - no change.
My secondary addresses log onto the pop server whilst my primary address fails.
0 Ratings
CullodenMuir
Contributor
Message 28 of 515

Once again BTYahoo server is failing to connect to my primary email address this morning, whilst secondary addresses connect OK.
This is most inconvenient as I am unable to receive or send using my main address.
Web mail is OK but that restricts me to reading any new mail.
0 Ratings
johnsmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 515

How long do BT think they can treat us like this?

Worst service I have ever received

No wonder there shares are on a downward spiral come on BT sort this out   

0 Ratings
stewartv
Contributor
Message 30 of 515

Thought it was fixed - now down again (POP & IMAP)

Tried setting up account as pop.mail.yahoo.com as a workaround but no joy there either.

This has been going on for months now. Only the primary email address is affected - all secondary addresses work fine.

At a minimum, BT should somehow enable email forwarding so we can still maintasin a BT email address (albeit flaky) as a way to at least receive mail.

Do any moderators follow these threads? If so, any practical suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Ratings