cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
376 Views
Message 451 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

I get the same problems using Thunderbird, so don't see that as a solution.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
348 Views
Message 452 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP


@Noelectwrote:
There is a website ‘ceo email’. Which will provide one.
Of course he is not going to see it, but his executive team will, and they will contact you.
This is not exactly a panacea, but might produce a more positive outcome.

That isn't going to fix the issue. The ceo and his team might say a good story, but the management will all say nothing is wrong. BT don't care about this problem, which has been going on for years.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
manintheknow
Aspiring Contributor
341 Views
Message 453 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Andy_N and that things will never be fixed.  Best we can hope for, I guess, is Yahoo gets bought by someone who knows what they are doing or someone who will not continue the relationship with BT.  It's a pity there isn't email address portability like with mobile phone numbers.....then we could vote with our feet.

0 Ratings
Reply
Noelect
Contributor
315 Views
Message 454 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP


@Andy_Nwrote:

@Noelectwrote:
There is a website ‘ceo email’. Which will provide one.
Of course he is not going to see it, but his executive team will, and they will contact you.
This is not exactly a panacea, but might produce a more positive outcome.

That isn't going to fix the issue. The ceo and his team might say a good story, but the management will all say nothing is wrong. BT don't care about this problem, which has been going on for years.

I can only respond by sayingthat my experience has proved you to be wrong.

I suppose it might be down to how you approach the Executive Level Technical Complaints Team.  If you are already convinced that nothing can be done,  and approach them with a negative attitude then what you are likely to acheive is nothing.

However if you are positive, reasonable, and ask for their help, I have found them to respond in a very positive manner, they involve the Newcastle Technical Complaints Team and request them to carry out a full investigation.  This has resulted in my problem being resolved.

I'm not saying it will never reappear, however I have the names and numbers of helpful people, who take ownership and ensure resolution.  I have also been informed that they are conducting improvements to the server system, which will overcome the syncing problem, but that this isn't going to happen overnight.

In conclusion I suggest you try the positive approach and see if you can replicate my success.

Cheers Noel

 


0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Guru
292 Views
Message 455 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP


@Noelectwrote:

@Andy_Nwrote:

@Noelectwrote:
There is a website ‘ceo email’. Which will provide one.
Of course he is not going to see it, but his executive team will, and they will contact you.
This is not exactly a panacea, but might produce a more positive outcome.

That isn't going to fix the issue. The ceo and his team might say a good story, but the management will all say nothing is wrong. BT don't care about this problem, which has been going on for years.

I can only respond by sayingthat my experience has proved you to be wrong.

In conclusion I suggest you try the positive approach and see if you can replicate my success.

 



This issue has been ongoing for many years, multiple requests have been raised - mostly positive approaches, yet this particular saga has continued.

There is currently no proof that I am wrong - however I do live in hope.

0 Ratings
Reply
Noelect
Contributor
270 Views
Message 456 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

 

This issue has been ongoing for many years, multiple requests have been raised - mostly positive approaches, yet this particular saga has continued.

There is currently no proof that I am wrong - however I do live in hope.

Hi Andy

I guess we say as we find.

You say multiple requests have been raised - mostly positive approaches.  I assume you are referring to those on this forum, as you can have no way of knowing what results have been obtained by those making direct approaches to BT's CEO.

I simply offered an alternative, which I had found to be productive.  Perhaps it would be sensible to allow others the opportunity of making up their own minds, instead of pushing your own negative viewpoint.

In addition I suggest you have no proof that  you are right, and doubt 'living in hope' will achieve much.  However if it helps to make you feel more contented, I doubt it will do any harm.

Cheers Noel

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
Jasco
Contributor
208 Views
Message 457 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

Just popping to say mine is playing up again. This time when I went to webmail to try and log in I was presented with a list of my email accounts and my main account which is the one having the issue was displayad as 'locked'. I clicked unlock and was able to log in to webmail but I still can't connect with Outlook or my android email client.

0 Ratings
Reply
Noelect
Contributor
190 Views
Message 458 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

Hi

The end of last week saw some strange occurrences.  A block of around 10 recently receive emails lost content, fortunately however they were not important.  Then on, I think it was on Saturday, I got the wrong password pop up scenario, on my 3 devices.   As I had to go out, and could see the emails on BT webmail, I decided to take no action, and wait until later in the day to check.  At around 5pm my iPhone pinged that I had mail and when I checked seven appeared and all was OK, and has been ever since.

So the do nothing stagegy worked, and proves once again that these problems are all down to BT.

Cheers Noel 

0 Ratings
Reply
Jasco
Contributor
134 Views
Message 459 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

My email has been up and down all week this week. It really frustrating.

0 Ratings
Reply
Sheffnet
Contributor
101 Views
Message 460 of 521

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

Just when I thought it was fixed, after probably 2 months of no problems, I come back from holiday yesterday when the emails worked OK, but today Sunday 26th May, I can't download.

0 Ratings
Reply