cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardB1
Beginner
Message 541 of 582

Re: YAHOO outage + failure to send e-mails from clients

Yes mine started working around 8PM on Friday and this morning is broken again. The threatened call back never materialised, so will be on their case again this morning.

Rich

0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 542 of 582

The claim that they do not support third party app access is open to interpretation.  Their staff are not trained to provide help or advice regarding problems with third party apps.  However as we are all well aware this problem is not with these apps.  It’s  a problem with BT’s equipment.

We pay for a service which BT provides and it is responsible for problems that prevent its customers using it.  It is not acceptable for them to hide behind their claim that if webmail is working, then you have to use that.

Historically BT have added layers of software to their original programme.  It’s very likely that it’s now impossible to unravel the layers and correct the problem.

If you want to complain to a higher level, look on line for a website that contains the email addresses of the CEOs.

0 Ratings
RichardB1
Beginner
Message 543 of 582

Just spoke to an advisor who told me there was indeed an issue and had been for over a week, this is the complete opposite to what i was told on Friday. He seemed to be reading from a script as he mentioned a number of email clients that were not currently working, so perhaps they might actually do something about it this time, but i am not going to hold my breath. A call back has been scheduled for Wednesday to see if its all back.....we shall see.

Rich

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 544 of 582

It's working fine here.

Was OK Saturday.

Don't know about Sunday.

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 545 of 582

Today OK with Android/TypeApp but still a problem with Outlook on Windows as won't accept the correct password - I get the annoying popup - am reluctant to change password because that just seems to exacerbate the problem !

0 Ratings
Jasco
Contributor
Message 546 of 582

I'm unable to connect to all 5 BT accounts I have set up in Outlook this morning. Mobile is failing to download any messages since yesterday also. Webmail is working.
0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 547 of 582

It's working OK here.

I didn't post but it was down for at least 24 hours last weekend.

A new issue I have discovered when re-setting my tablet is that they no longer support the email app for any new or re-installations, even though the one on my smart phone continues to work. I had to find another app from other sources to view emails via an app on the tablet but this other app doesn't offer to show me the spam box (which I really need to see in light of BT's prepondency for shifting important emails into spam). If you can't find a suitable app for your phone or tablet, the only way they want you to view emails is via a web browser.

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 548 of 582

This sounds like a worrying development - have BT confirmed this as a policy?

Today my client-based email is working fine - fingers crossed. Last week I had raised another formal complaint online about the abysmal service - I explicitly stated stated that I did not want to be fobbed off by being contacted by e-mail 2nd line tech support - after a couple of days without hearing from BT I rang the 'open complaint' number. Spoke to a BT agent in Dublin who  agreed to follow up my complaint - guess what ? - 2nd line support contacted me - I politely turned down their help! Rang the complaint line again - speaking to an agent in Exeter- worse than useless - gave me 'if webmail works then there is no problem! - tried to get him to escalate through his management - he refused and summarily closed the complaint without my agreement!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 549 of 582

The reason you will not be able to use the Yahoo email app in future is because it uses the Yahoo server settings and not the correct BT server settings.

At the moment BT and Yahoo allow the use of either settings. 

Be aware that presently using the Yahoo settings does not register on the BT servers and as such your email account will not be registering as being active. This will leave the account liable to deletion due to non use.

You can use any email client/app that you like as long as you can set it up to use the BT server settings.

0 Ratings
Sheffnet
Contributor
Message 550 of 582

My complaint has been sent to Marc Allera.

0 Ratings