Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 61 of 521

Re: BT Yahoo POP3/IMAP Problems

TaxAngel:

If you find this problem occurs again, just repeat the "mail.yahoo.com" login trick and that should fix it again.  Changing your password may also fix it but as you say, that's a pain and you don't need to do it.  I never changed mine except when the Yahoo hack occured.  Some of us here have been told that BT are working to provide a proper solution and that will be soon.  Fingers crossed.

Peter M

0 Ratings
TaxAngel
Beginner
Message 62 of 521

In my view changing passwords never works and just causes hassle.  The other solution, although I have no idea why it works, does at least seem to work and is relatively hassle-free.  Thank you again for this solution.

0 Ratings
stewartv
Contributor
Message 63 of 521

Not sure why this thread has been flagged as fixed?

Last night, exactly the same happened....

Perhaps this shouls stay open for a while longer to see if anyone gets responses from BT that confirm either the problem is with us, or, it has indeed been fixed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 521

It is the OP of the thread who marks it as "solved" when the problem that they started the thread about has been resolved to their satisfaction. 

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 65 of 521

My post (message 59 of this thread) has been "rated" by one of the moderators and has been identified as "The Solution" at the top of this thread, but it certainly wasn't me that flagged this topic as "Solved".  It hasn't been solved.  I don't claim my post to be a solution.  My post described a trick that the users can perform to recover from the fault.  The solution, if there is going to be one, will be something that BT or Yahoo will do at their end to stop the fault ocurring in the first place and not some action on the part of the affected users which could be labelled as "The Solution" in this forum.

Peter M

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 521

As I said. It's the OP who marks it as "solved" not the person who offered the post that was marked as solved. As you can clearly see it makes no difference to the thread. It can still be added to and read by posters. It is only an indictor that the OP has had THEIR problem resolved in THEIR thread.

0 Ratings
stewartv
Contributor
Message 67 of 521

Apologies - so frustrated with these ongoing issues that seeing anything saying 'solved' meade me think that the entire issue was resolved - not an individual.

0 Ratings
johnsmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 521

Sorry its nowhere resolved still happing today how long do bt think they can treat customers this why I think it’s time to contact BBC watchdog **Edited by Mod**

0 Ratings
PeterMartinez
Contributor
Message 69 of 521

@gg30340 wrote:

As I said. It's the OP who marks it as "solved" not the person who offered the post that was marked as solved.

I beg to differ:  The OP last visited this forum on 29th October and the thread was marked as solved on 3rd December, the same day as my alleged Solution was "Rated".  I speculate that the person (a moderator?) who rated my post also marked the thread as solved.  Could I ask a moderator or Community Leader to remove the "Rating" from my post, remove the "Solved" sticker on the thread, and keep trying to progress the real solution.  The few of us discussing it here now know how to make the problem go away, but there must be thousands of others suffering.

I have been clear of the problem for 8 days now but I don't think it has been solved yet.

Peter M

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 521

Hi @PeterMartinez

Sorry about that.  I've removed the solution tag from the post as I understand you provided it as workaround to the problem.  I want to assure you that this is being looked into to find the root cause.

I'm not able to remove the kudos tag as your post is helpful and the kudos is well deserved Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings