Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 515

Re: Problems connecting to POP3/IMAP

@landie57 wrote:

As predicted e amil address removed, this is due to forum rules not allowing publication of personal information, eg e mail, account number, complaint number etc. I wonder if you could tell us where to find his e mail address.

A simple search of the Internet for CEO of BT will get you what you are looking for!

0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 515

I posted the web page not like BY to make anything difficult is it
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 515

You may find the link that you posted is also removed because it could be seen by the forum moderators as breaching the forum rules and guidelines that I'm sure you read and you agreed to when you signed up to the forum.

"Any posts with a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the forum, would constitute a violation of the Guidelines or Conditions of Use will be deleted."

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 84 of 515

Searching for ceo is the way to go, very easy to find what we need.

0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 515

that's all I did but the site is very useful even when not about BT

It's a shame they don't put as much effort into customer service
0 Ratings
LOSTit1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 515

Hello Andy_N and PeterMartinez
Thankyou for your advice. I have logged in and out of both my btinternet accounts using https://mail.yahoo.com
Is it worth noting that each time I logged out the page diverted to home.bt.com. ( I do now recall a BT Premium Mail advisor saying to use the yahoo and NOT the BT site but at the time I didn’t understand the distinction.) But there IS a different landing page as I discovered so to confirm I used the mail.yahoo page for each log in and log out. Let’s see if it sorts the issue! Thank you very much for your assistance.
For background only ..
[Sorry about inaccuracies in my first post. I meant my btinternet a/c was from mid 90s. I left BT late 90s and joined cable but kept my email address. BT didn’t contact or bill me for years (3-4 possibly more) and then out of the blue cut my access. After numerous phone calls I eventually tracked down someone who appeared to understand I had a BT email address but took no other BT services. I recall the BT lady referred to me as a ‘legacy’ account hence my use of that phrase - she certainly left me with impression that being an ex BT customer who’d at that stage retained my btemail I was in a relatively small minority group not high on their radar. As then evidenced by a further gap of c.18 months before the BT bill she promised me actually arrived. A small monthly fee til I was migrated onto the Premium Service at £5 per month.
Yes - the migration period you refer to was when I had email issues and nonsense emails about service upgrades.
Recently ( last 3-4 months?) I have been in contact with Outlook because of email connectivity issues on my phone. It’s only in the last few weeks their support team mentioned ‘work on Yahoo accounts which had created connection issues’. When I mentioned this to BT this week they said ‘such work had been completed now’ but I’m none the wiser as to what either team meant. ]

Anyhow long story short - I still believe very old BT email accounts like mine are somehow treated differently to more recent accounts. Just hope the yahoo website fix is the one to carry me forward trouble free for the next few years! Over and out - for now? 🤣
0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 515

I would agree mine is also an old account and having these issues

Interesting their CEO hasn't replied

I cannot use the Yahoo log in says it doesn't recognise my account

Suggestions anyone
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 88 of 515

In which case I suspect you are not on the BTyahoo mail system but rather BTMail. Is there any Yahoo branding on the webmail page?

0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 515

No nothing  Its just branded as BT  I have  been with them for many  years so its an old account not that that seems to mean anything to them  Randomly opened Outlook this morning and its downloaded a lot of mail from yesterday then  stopped again

0 Ratings
raptor449
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 515

ok finallly there may be light at the end of the tunnel  I got a reply following my email to theiir CEO

I believe we’ve found a data mismatch on one of our background systems which may be causing the problem. We should be able to fix this shortly, and we’ll then need to ask you to do a password reset.

Thsi has now been done  however...  there is also an  issue in Outlook if you have an exchange account

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oaddacc/cant-create-data-file-outlook-3...

Basically I had to remove all my email accounts, remove the Simplified Account Creation feature through regedit, and you get back to the old add an account settings  Add your exchange accounts last and it seems to work

0 Ratings