cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Problems deleting mails in BT Webmail

I use BT webmail via Chrome browser.  Lately I have been having a lot of trouble moving and especially deleting emails.  Typically, I will checkbox say 10 emails then click delete and I get a message saying "unexpected error occurred" and the  mails are not deleted.  It is incredibly frustrating as I want to do a clear out of old ,ails but this is making it impossible.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems deleting mails in BT Webmail

There have been a number of posts about not being able to delete emails.

As a work around have you tried dragging and dropping them into your Trash folder?

Like wise with moving emails to folders, have you tried dragging and dropping them into the relevant folder? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I have tried all of those things with the same result.  I've tried switching to "Conversation View" (whatever that is) and it doesn't work.  I have tried going to Chrome Incognito (no cookies) with the same outcome.

I have to say BT webmail is the worst mail system I have ever come across and if it wasn't for the problems it would cause me changing email addresses etc I would dump it tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

For information, "conversation view" puts all the emails together that are to and from the same person when you use the "reply to" function.

I have no doubt it is not a browser issue but just to rule it out have you tried a different browser?

If possible you should consider using an email client such as Thunderbird or Outlook. This will negate the need to use the BT webpage about which you will not get an opposing argument about it being dire.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Me too, fine using Apple app but not on via the Web.  Sooooo frustrating.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Out of interest did yours used to be BT Yahoo.  Mine was and the problem's only happened since they stopped supporting Yahoo and switching it all to BT e mail.  It's driving me made and I can't face hours trying to get to talk to someone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

I've got the same problem too.  Started a month or so ago when they stopped supporting Yahoo, absolute shambles, never had problems before.  

Tried your first work round unfortunately that didn't work but dragging to trash did - have to do it one by one though.

The other thing I've found is that I have no problem when using the iphone and the Apple mail app, it's the Webmail that's the problem.  So frustrating.  It's random too, sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's not.  

0 Ratings