cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandyg577
Message 1 of 2

Problems receiving bt emails into Outlook

i used to be able to recieve emails from both virgin and bt to my microsoft outlook but now l cant receive bt, happily receiving virgin which l dont use much and keep getting a pop up box from outlook connector saying password and sign in failed. I dont understand this at all as l have just reset my bt password thinking that would sort the problem but l am now having to log on outlook and bt separately to retrieve emails. please help lm at a loss as lm no pc wizard. The password is defo right think its something to do with setting s on outlook , Cheers help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems receiving bt emails into Outlook

@mandyg577 wrote:

i used to be able to recieve emails from both virgin and bt to my microsoft outlook but now l cant receive bt, happily receiving virgin which l dont use much and keep getting a pop up box from outlook connector saying password and sign in failed. I dont understand this at all as l have just reset my bt password thinking that would sort the problem but l am now having to log on outlook and bt separately to retrieve emails. please help lm at a loss as lm no pc wizard. The password is defo right think its something to do with setting s on outlook , Cheers help would be appreciated

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

As you say that this has suddnely just started (rather than a few weeks and a few days ago when there were server problems affecting lots of people), then this usually points at an individual account access problem.

This can be a fleeting problem, but unfortunately can last a few days in some cases. If you keep trying every few hours, it might suddenly spring into life. If after 3 or 4 days it still doesn't work, then pop back.

Are you with BTinternet or Virgin may I ask, because that could be relevant.

0 Ratings