Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zigzag
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Problems receiving some emails

Hi,

Has anyone got a solution to why I receive some emails but not others. 

I have no filters on and this seems totally random.

An example, a sender has sent me 2 e-mails today, one has arrived and one has not, both are from same sender.  This problem suddenly started about 2-3 weeks ago where I would receive some but not others, they are not in Junk mail or anywhere else.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems receiving some emails

zigzag,

You need to provide some more information regarding how you handle your emails.

Are you using an email client or webmail ?

Is your email address a standard .....@btinternet.com address or do you use another address that is mapped to  that address ?

Usually this type of problem is caused by a filter somewhere in the transmission chain that the recipient of the email is unaware of. Emails have been known to be stopped based simply on a change on how a Title is worded or whether it is blank or not.

If the sender you mention is amenable you appear to have ideal test examples to investigate the problem. 

0 Ratings
zigzag
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I am using email client Outlook 2003 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS.

Use a standard @btinternet.com address not being sent to another address and then forwarded.

I changed from TalkTalk to BT approx. 3 months ago but the problem has been occuring for at least past 3 weeks, maybe longer. 

This has happened with 4 different senders now that I am aware of, in each case I checked that they were using the @btinternet.com address.

Really strange

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the additional information.

First thing is to check via webmail whether the emails are reaching the BT yahoo server. You need to look at Inbox, Spam and trash folders.

This is best done under controlled conditions i.e. get someone to resend an email that you have received and one that you have not received and do this before Outlook 2003 has had a chance to download them.

We need to find out whether the emails are getting to the server or whether it is Outlook 2003 that is failing to download them.

0 Ratings
zigzag
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hmm, I cannot even get to the web page, get told each time that page cannot be found, can get to other web pages with no problem but not the login page - not sure if it is down or it is me

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
zigzag
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks VOF, that link worked.

I checked the folders but nothing in them and strangely, since Friday 27/1/12 all e-mails are now coming through again.

Obviously little Gremlins at work.

All now seems to be OK again but thank you very much for your advice and assistance.  As I never normally go into BT.Yahoo, it has been useful to know this side and I thank you for that.

0 Ratings