cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duncan10
Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: Problems sending emails via Outlook

Yes that is highly unusual> Do you have any other email clients you could try to see if it is Outlook or defiantly a fault with BT yahoo?. You dont need to keep it just try it out. I am on the new ports but still  Bt yahoo. For a long time I had to go to the email site remove the password and email address and re-instate them---then my email client worked . I had no problem for several days till yesterday --- then back to usual.

0 Ratings
IanSeale
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

VERY similar problem. BT reluctant to admit to a problem relating to their servers. http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Problems-with-verifying-email-address-and-SMTP-settings/... I spoke to the Level 2 Yahoo Dedicated Desk again today and they are well aware. The Level 1 Helpdesk are not. The situation is also not being posted on BT's web pages - which might help users with a problem.
duncan10
Expert
Message 13 of 17

Thank God somebody else got this I was highly criticised for saying that --Cant happen--you are wrong etc- So their servers are faulty .Its like getting blood out of a stone. I dont like people lying to me I dont trust them  after that. Thanks Ian for justifying me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ron-the-one
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

It's December 8th 2014 and five emails I sent out 8 hours ago haven't arrived. I use Outlook don't want to touch webmail. This problem occurs every few months (for more than a year) and takes about 1 to 4 days to clear. That's when the emails arrive in a rush. Is BT playing at being the world's slowest electronic snail-mail. I believe BT let all its best technicians go many years ago.

Anyone got a solution to this problem. I read that it's something to do with the handover of mail between BT and Yahoo. I don't trust BT to either tell me the truth or have the competence to fix it.

0 Ratings
Tirthankar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I hope this is not a MS Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

@Tirthankar wrote:

I hope this is not a MS Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.

You are posting on a five year old thread last posted on four years ago so you may not get a reply from the contributors of this thread.

0 Ratings
Tirthankar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Oh I havent seen the date.
From now on will check out the date of posting as well