cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoff27
Message 1 of 15

Problems with BT Mail on an iPad

Until recently I was using BT Yahoo Mail on my iPad (which runs iOS7), but with the shift to BT Mail I can no longer send emails from my iPad. I receive everything but cannot send. I've tried deleting the account and setting it up again but that makes no difference: I keep getting an error message that my username or password are wrong. I've used the same username and password on my laptop with no problems. How do I sort this out?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Problems with BT Mail on an iPad

does this help http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/bt-email%3A-what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
geoff27
Message 3 of 15

Thanks, I've already looked at that, but it doesn't help. My settings are as specified in that link.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 15

Hi geoff,

Thanks for your post. 

Can you take a look here for help with your email settings. Let me know if this doesn't help Smiley Happy

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
dmb7
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

I am having exactly the same problem as you! I too have deleted the account and added it. Can receive but not send from my iPad but can from laptop! I need help but BT not proving too helpful! Hopefully someone out there has a solution for us!
0 Ratings
dmb7
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Sorry still can't send emails from my iPad. All the settings are as shown in your screen shots?
0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 7 of 15

I have problems with Ipad and IOS 7.

Deleting the mail account and re-installing on the Ipad seemed to fix it BUT not immediately - for some reason took about 10 minutes or so.

re the link Olga sent - the mail.btinternet.com is shown as the primary server (last but one screen shot)?

0 Ratings
Brighton9
Message 8 of 15

Hi

I've got the same problem and I have followed all of the instructions.  Please sort this out or I will have to change email client.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 15

I have no problem with my Ipad. Has this happened recently what error messages do you receive?
0 Ratings
dmb7
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

"Cannot send mail user name or password is incorrect" ....! Neither are and work perfectly well on BT Mail on the laptop.
0 Ratings