cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: Problems with BT email using Outlook 2007

I think the problem at the moment is that there are several different failure mechanisms occuring with BT mail and its not always apparent where the cause lies. There is the old ongoing (for years) problem that mail just goes flaky and then comes back, the suspicious activity/change password problem, IMAP server prematurely closing connections and webmail slow and unresponsive plus an assortment of problems with mobile and Apple devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 30

I fully agree that the email service, if provided, should work. I was only making the suggestion to save yourself any more grief with it if you were planning on moving ISP in any event.

As regards whether or not you would lose the BT email address, BT have stated that they may end it. If it is not important to you then that may not be an issue but if you depend on it and the do end it, you could be up a creek with out a paddle!

See link about it.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140

I also hope that once the migration is out the way and all the "glitches" have been sorted out all will be well. Only time will tell. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

@gg30340 wrote:

I also hope that once the migration is out the way and all the "glitches" have been sorted out all will be well. Only time will tell. 

I think your glasses have a rosier tint than mine Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 30

Tempting fate here.

I have not been migrated yet and I am under no illusions that there won't be problems when I am migrated but there ain't much I can do about that until it happens so hopefully being optimistic with rose tinted glasses rather than pessimistic about it might help.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 30

Actually I don't think that there many reported glitches with BT Mail IF you use an e-mail client. (At least I hope that is the case as I almost always use Thunderbird). That is why I wish migration would hurry up. At the moment my problems stem from the now almost ancient problem of Yahoo/BT mail "losing" my password for varying periods of time - hopefully this has been sorted with BT Mail. Essentially I agree with what both you and Licorice have been advising ie most problems stem from using webmail and it is much better and more secure to use an e-mail client.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 30

Outlook 2007 not working with BT Mail yet again today. When is BT actually due to complete the changeover to BT Mail?

I had been using BT Yahoo Mail since May 1999 with the same password, no problems with various issues of Outlook until the changeover started. Since then I've had umpteen different passwords and BT Mail keeps refusing to work with Outlook.

Come on BT get your fingers out and let's have a Mail system that works all the time. I won't mention the server outage nationwide yesterday. Oops I've mentioned it.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 30

BT Mail started to work with Outlook 2007 yesterday afternoon. Not working again so far today. Woeful!!

I woulldn't mind so much if soemone could just tell me why????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

@George99 wrote:

I woulldn't mind so much if soemone could just tell me why????

Nobody is feeding the hamster. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 30

Still not working today, why?

Sensible answers only please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

There are no sensible answers, its been like it for years. Hopefully things will improve when the migration is complete but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Ratings